Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

UPDATE OPINION

metalfun

Any pros or cons or advice on the new update? I downloaded the update last night but couldn't tell any difference on my first short hunt today. I'm still trying to learn the Nox but only have around 50 hours on it. STILL NO SILVER but I"ll get there.

works very well forme at the beach, it can be chatty but the sound is easily ignored or can be noise cancelled or ground balanced out. I prefer not to reduce any information coming to the coil. I have been able to lower sensitivity from 20 to 16-18 and still get good target information.

I actually like the new update. On the one beach that I detect, nails are everywhere. They used to hit 17 tor higher. Now, nothing at all. I do hit the odd bottle cap though. Still, at least I am no longer digging up nails.

I tried the new update with the 15" coil and it seems to be a bit more stable. Sensitivity had to be dropped to avoid some chattiness but I did find some very tiny metal bits at very good depth. Could be subjective but it just felt that way. I need to get out more for a firmer opinion.

I use it I’m always changing up my settings a park I hunted yesterday had so much backfill my detector chattered the whole time I try to always run my sensitivity as high as I can if you lower your recovery speed that helps me I nailed to barber dimes and a Indian 6 silvers the day before .
Mark

This isnt a massive up that makes you go "wow, look at that!". It changed the backlight settings for the 600, gave us another Iron Bias settings option, and many have noticed better and faster bluetooth connections, but that seems to be it. There MAY be some more behind-the-scenes tweeks we cant see or notice.

Here’s your problem with going down to 17ish.....sure it runs smooth...even better at 10....but reducing sensitivity, RS higher...now add the reduced powers and add that salt setting. See where I’m going with this? You may as well grab one of the other water machines..at least they are quiet. This is a sensitive machine... expect some chatter....work on the too much chatter. What’s happening to mine is I’m getting a LOT of digital bounce and those digits are off AGAIN. Just like the second update. Apparently there is no free lunch here. Beach 1 works well out of the water. I like the FE2.... but I water hunt so I’ll stick with 1.5 for now.