Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

update question

metalfun

Just got my 600 last week. I read on the forum that if it had the update it would state so on the box. Doesn't say it anywhere on the box.Does this mean it needs an update? Thanks and hope this is not a dumb question.

download the updater and plug in your EQX. If you need the update, it will tell you.

Jason in Enid said:
download the updater and plug in your EQX. If you need the update, it will tell you.

Thanks Jason I will try that if I can figure out how. Not very computer savvy.

Ordering one right now, I would almost guarantee that it has the update. The update has been out for a while now, and I dont think any dealers have been sitting on old stock.

Jason in Enid, how do you plug in the 600 ? What cord do you use ? The charge cable ? Where to get the updater ? Is there a link ? Thanks.

Go to the Minelab site: Equinox update and follow the instructions.
Connect the charging cable to you Nox magnetic charging port and the USB plug to any USB port on your computer.

Jeff

Minlooker said:
Jason in Enid, how do you plug in the 600 ? What cord do you use ? The charge cable ? Where to get the updater ? Is there a link ? Thanks.

Wouldn't hurt to download the manual and read it, as well.
Lots of good info...

Here's where the downloadable goodies are:
https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/treasure-detectors/equinox-600?view=downloads
https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/treasure-detectors/equinox-800?view=downloads

*Note - it's the same software/manual for the 600 or 800, so if you've got it for one, you've got it for both.

Those links aren't just for the manual, of course...

They're for :
Minelab Update Utility (PC/MAC)
Equinox Software Update Instructions
Equinox Series Brochure
Equinox 600/800 Manual
Equinox 600/800 Getting Started Guide

All of the answers to update questions are there, as well.