Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update

Jason in TN

Any one heard any thing on the new update. Was hearing the end of the year a while back. The end of the year is here would be cool to get to play with it before it gets to cold here to hunt. Just checking in to see what the latest news was. Thanks

Jason

Jason

The new version is being finalized and a great deal of input was collected and digested to determine what needed to go into the new package. It will be released as soon as the trials can be wrapped up and the intention is that there won't need tobe patches to address issues not tested . . . . . coming and sooner than later

Andy Sabsich

Thanks Andy going to need one of your books when they come out. This detector is different than any thing out for sure. It has been great for me in the heavy iron shallow to medium depth targets. Need to find out how to get depth and the all metal modes. also have trouble with bottle caps at the beach may be running the sensitivity to high there.

Jason

goodmore said:
This quote is from Nigel:

I post this because many out there are looking for news of any type.

Thanks for the info come on merry Christmas to us show us that V3 that would be sweet getting cold here may be able to get out next week if the ground is not frozen.

Jason

V3 would be a good enough reason for me to get out and play in the cold. Would be fun to see what this new update is all about.

Jason

We're all waiting around like kids for Christmas. Here in PA Winter has finally arrived. So I guess the wait isn't as bad. Anything that they do to make the Deus better is just more icing on the cake. I'm mailing off for the large coil today. It is part of the Holiday bundle. So I have that to look forward to. I also wonder if the new 11 inch coil will be better than the current large one. I know the balance has to be better.

Jason run that ground balance down to 85 then 80 then 75, you get the picture. When you start detecting rocks and stuff that is not there raise it some. That's for freshwater. In Salt or very high minerals, black sand specifically, run it down to 20 or 15 even. It's gonna be noisy sometimes but you will not begin to believe the depth. The theory or whatever we want to call it of a coil being able to detect about whatever it's width is deep just does not apply to this machine. The bottlecaps I would just dig anyway. Although in 12 khz they will be about the only item that will read 95 or 96 all the time. Everything else will fall below that if you use the TID. It is almost ashamed that a lot of other manufacturers have not given us a machine that we can totally control ourselves like the Deus. That is what makes it so very special. No presets, no factory settings to make it easier for the user. Just raw detecting power. This Deus is absolutely best when used 99% audio. This dog will hunt!

You will like the large coil use mine more than the stock. And for the price should take about 10min to get your money back if you don't like it.

Jason

Jack thanks for the info will give it a shot. The beach I hunt 18 may need to switch to 12 when I have a suspected cap.

Jason

I just set up basic 1 the way I want it. I have found 12 khz to be very good and it will find absolutely the tiniest conductive targets just like 18 khz. The machine will split hairs for a lack of better words. If you get a conductive sound you can bet something is there always. If you have iron and a conductive sound right there in it on it around it or splitting hairs up against it, you can bet it's there. Always, I'll repeat this one, always dig anything conductive. Even if you think it's wrapping around per iron. Dig the 99's and the 98's or you are missing good stuff period. Remember you are splitting hairs like you have never done before with a detector.

Jack Flynn said:
I just set up basic 1 the way I want it. I have found 12 khz to be very good and it will find absolutely the tiniest conductive targets just like 18 khz. The machine will split hairs for a lack of better words. If you get a conductive sound you can bet something is there always. If you have iron and a conductive sound right there in it on it around it or splitting hairs up against it, you can bet it's there. Always, I'll repeat this one, always dig anything conductive. Even if you think it's wrapping around per iron. Dig the 99's and the 98's or you are missing good stuff period. Remember you are splitting hairs like you have never done before with a detector.

Jack

What type of targets have you found that read in the 96 - 99 range that are somethign decent? 18 kHz may drive some lareg silver up near that but in the 8 kHz or 12 kHz I have not seen anything that I would have been sorry to have left that registered in that range.

Be interested in what type of sites you are hunting and then what type of targets are hitting in the region that tends to be large, rusted iron. If you find some goodies in that range, what percentage of the time is it something good versus something bad?

Thanks

Andy

i have dug good sounds and found nothing there ,and checked them with other machines who also see a good target ,sand with iron oxide in it was my conclusion as nothing solid was seen

Jack - I'm curious as to what all your settings are in the tweaked Basic 1?? Thanks.

Jack Flynn said:

Hi,

a small piece of information about the V3.0; according to a french forum which I asked the admin if the information is correct (he confirmed the veracity), the V3.0 will allow to keep the same ID for a same target whatever the frequency used. I think it could be nice for some people which are using the multitone according to the VID.

See ya.

That is great news, thanks for the update treebeard.

Now that is a feature worth waiting for! No more having to set up four programs just so I can run a four tone program at 4kHz, 8kHz, 14kHz and 18kHz. Now just one program and just switch frequencies.