Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upgrade to the Deus 2?

fyrffytr1

I have been using my Deus 1, WS5 with the 11" X35 coil for 8 years now and am still on the same set of batteries. But, I am considering upgrading to the Deus 2. In the opinion of those using the Deus 2, is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Absolutely. I had a Deus I and although it was a good selectable frequency detector, the Deus II being a simultanious multi frequency machine, far surpassed in it bottom line performance...especially in saltwater beach environments. There are other enhancements with thte Deus II but you get the idea. Then again, if you want to use a single frequency program, there is always the Mono option with the Deus II.
I sold the Deus I and returned to my Minelab detectors until the Deus II was fielded.
Just the view from my foxhole...

I tried a Deus a few years ago. I couldn't even test it in my yard because it was so sensitive to EMI. I returned it for a refund.
About a year ago I got the Deus II, and then another. Then I sold my two minelab 800s.
Then I bought a Minelab 900. I like it and will use it in some situations. It actually reports better on a deep 3 ringer when in Park 2 than the Deus II. This is the audio report only, the ID in Park 2 on deeper targets is useless in my opinion.
Now I'm putting together a Deus II WS6 MASTER with 13 inch coil.
So 3 Deus II machines and 1 minelab, I think you would like the Deus II.

I was a D1 user for 7 or 8 years and was very proficient with it. Got the D2 about 18 months ago and have zero regrets. As the Colonel says, it outperforms the D1. The multifrequency platform will bring life back to your old pounded sites.

No Question it's a well done unit.

I mainly hunt plowed farm fields.
Then stick with the Deus 1. Had I known it was going to be a lateral move, I wouldn't have gotten it.
However prospecting, saltwater beach, and hot soil, is where the D2 will outperform the D1.

I absolutely hate the D2 charge connector. As a skilled tradesman who works around industrial electronic equipment, it looks like an accident waiting to happen.
The waterproof DIN connector on the D2 is the same as we use for sensors. It's not ever used for a component that is to be connected and disconnected over and over again.
It's akin to using a breaker switch to turn your lights on and off. I have no idea why XP didn't set up the remote for wireless charging. (XP if you are reading this, you owe me for the idea.)

Then stick with the Deus 1. Had I known it was going to be a lateral move, I wouldn't have gotten it.
However prospecting, saltwater beach, and hot soil, is where the D2 will outperform the D1.

I absolutely hate the D2 charge connector. As a skilled tradesman who works around industrial electronic equipment, it looks like an accident waiting to happen.
The waterproof DIN connector on the D2 is the same as we use for sensors. It's not ever used for a component that is to be connected and disconnected over and over again.
It's akin to using a breaker switch to turn your lights on and off. I have no idea why XP didn't set up the remote for wireless charging. (XP if you are reading this, you owe me for the idea.)
I think the coil charging clip is about the craziest way to charge anything and the foot on the handle is useless hey at least Minelab fixed so of the flaws with the new 700-900.
Mark

I think the coil charging clip is about the craziest way to charge anything and the foot on the handle is useless hey at least Minelab fixed so of the flaws with the new 700-900.
Mark
Yes, I'm on the second charge clip for my D1. The first broke in half. However, it did last for around 1000 charges.
As far as the foot, I never had an issue with it since I don't use it. I lay the detector on its side when I kneel to retrieve a target.

Yes, I'm on the second charge clip for my D1. The first broke in half. However, it did last for around 1000 charges.
As far as the foot, I never had an issue with it since I don't use it. I lay the detector on its side when I kneel to retrieve a target.
It’s just the principle of it the foot’s useless when they made the Deus 2 just make a real foot I hunt in the rocks and it’s a expensive detector to roll down on some rocks IMHO.
Mark