Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upgraded F75 is back

digsgti

TROLL
Of course its raining cats and dogs... Shipped back in a nice new box that I hope to never need again. Control housing appears to be new or at least very well reconditioned. Arm cuff and Battery housing lid are new. Came back with 2 red rubber washers for the lower stem with a separate little instruction saying to use them. 9.1 is quieter at a higher sensitivity than 9.0 inside my apartment. Default sensitivity is 80 instead of 60. All the modes and tones are there and seem to function properly.

I missed this machine on my last couple of hunts and realized how high she sits atop my detector arsenal.

That is Great-
I received a Call today from Fisher that my unit shipped Friday and Fed Ex says delivery on Thursday.
I read somewhere that the LCD face with the button and dial is replaced as part of the upgrade so any defects on the old one would be gone.
Keep us updated on performance!

Mine is back and I am amazed at the "new detector" look everything has. Fired it up in the house which I could never do before. Played with the FA "fast process" on the living room floor. I could pick up the nails in the hardwood floor like a machine gun burst. I threw some coins down on the carpet and they high toned in the midst of all of that iron. This is going to be so sweet. They called and told me they would have to change the faceplate to black. Overall not a bad look. I love the Camo but I love how quiet the F75 is now. She may not look quite as cool but this is a much, much improved detector. I am saying this with conviction and I haven't even had it out of the house yet. Great job, Fisher.

Don

Got mine at 12:45 but had to leave for work. (I was literally putting up the garage door when it came). Can't wait to give it some tests. Just got home now. I think they gave me a completely new 5" coil and my 15" has a new coil cover on it (which is black instead of white) I haven't gotten to use the 15" before shipping to them so I wonder why they did that. It looked brand new lol before and now everything looks brand new again.

I wouldn't be surprised if all they do is send a new unit out or at least mostly new.

I just now got a chance to fire my brand new one up. of course super crazy in the house, at certain angles...took outside in the 15 degree frozen tundra. hardly a bleep on frequency 6. Had to shift it off F7. 9.1 is how it booted. not a lot of difference in noise between the two. very quiet all around. When going crazy from power emi both modes were noisy. 9.0 the ID is far more tight and accurate. I'm not sure what mode really has dst. Haven't been around anything to make a stark difference. I will speculate 9.1 has DST though and ID suffers. Well at least on 7" dime and 8" quarter. Maybe DST has slightly less depth and that's why the ID is worse. Not sure but depth is fine. Didn't have a chance to try but buried dog fence. It's cold and it's late. Maybe later in the week. I tried 4h in de and bp with 70-99 sense. GB at 64 zero disc

Now it'll run like my G2 old buddy. Quiet & deep.

DST is on 9.0, but to be honest, both 9.0 and 9.1 are just as quiet. I took mine to the beach a couple of days ago, ran sensitivity to the max in BP mode and 9.0 and not a peep out of it.
Fisher have done a great job and turned the F75 into an amazing machine.

interesting, the dst mode had better ID for me then. nothing wrong with that!