Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upper and Lower Shaft

Fishnmaine

Ok I was told by somebody that there is play in the shaft when swinging.(this might be related to earlier 800"s is it still like that). And to eliminate that was to buy a carbon shaft. How many of you did that and what is the best shaft out there.

Thanks

Marc,

I build both standard and custom carbon-fiber shafts for the Equinox, in both "traditional" black carbon fiber, as well as a number of different color options. If/when you may consider purchasing a carbon-fiber shaft, feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Steve
www.stevesdetectorrods.com
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

I purchased one of Steve's original carbon fiber shafts early on and have quite literally swung it around the world, and it looks like new with no issues. Highly recommended by me as I have seen others fail.
HH Jeff

Ok I was told by somebody that there is play in the shaft when swinging.(this might be related to earlier 800"s is it still like that). And to eliminate that was to buy a carbon shaft. How many of you did that and what is the best shaft out there.

Thanks
I own one of the early 800s. Shaft was really wobbly. Called Minelab and they replaced it right away, no questions asked since it was a well known issue. The replacement shaft is rock solid. I know several 800 owners who have bought them in the last 2 years and their shafts are solid.
Personally, the weight difference between the stock aluminum shaft and a replacement carbon fiber shaft is negligible and not worth the money If you're going for light weight. I bought a carbon fiber shaft for use in saltwater because saltwater will eventually ruin the aluminum shaft. I use the aluminum shaft everywhere except in saltwater.

Last edited:
This is my 800 as I hunt it. It is a carbon shaft and a good one from a UK company. Has a notch all the way down each shaft. It cannot miss a-line you can also adjust the distance from arm cuff to handle. I also like very much the disc at the top of the handle. Was an eBay purchase and helps with wrist fatigue.

Attachments

• 4823AB14-1BAD-43CC-B89B-072F736DEEFC.jpeg
    4823AB14-1BAD-43CC-B89B-072F736DEEFC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 136
This is my 800 as I hunt it. It is a carbon shaft and a good one from a UK company. Has a notch all the way down each shaft. It cannot miss a-line you can also adjust the distance from arm cuff to handle. I also like very much the disc at the top of the handle. Was an eBay purchase and helps with wrist fatigue.
That’s the shaft I bought.I got it because of the weight but mainly because of the adjustability. Condenses down to 22inches.Takes up no space in the back seat.

The first release of the Equinox the shafts had play in them.
Minelab rectify the problem in a matter of months.
& I also have the Detect-Ed Carbon fiber shaft

Does anybody have Steve Detector Rods?
Yes, they are extremely well made, strong and the customer service by Steve is the best! Had one of his CF rods and most importantly his counter weight to offset the NOX nose heaviness. Had it over 1/12 years with no trouble.

Marc,

I build both standard and custom carbon-fiber shafts for the Equinox, in both "traditional" black carbon fiber, as well as a number of different color options. If/when you may consider purchasing a carbon-fiber shaft, feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Steve
www.stevesdetectorrods.com
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods
I just bought a upper and lower shat from stave it is a excellent product works great also with counterbalance it really balances it out. Working with Steve was the best experience I have had buying anything for metal detecting in my 35 years of detecting.