Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upper left

Anyone find anything that hits in the upper left of the screen, if so what hits there?

The 0/0 to around 10/25.

Thanks
Bill

Well first I will say there is no such thing as a 0/0 reading, now if you mean 10 ferrous and 25 conductive then I can tell you that a whole lotta "Thin" junk metal like foil and very small trash items. BUT thats also where most of the thin rings and Gold chains hit. If you want to find rings you need to dig all of those low numbers that sound good. The nice consistant numbers that don't jump around. The ring to soda can without the beavertail on it can and will frustrate you at times. One of these :pulltab: without the tail. :ranting: A slightly rusted screw cap will also fool you.:ranting:

After a few of them I just give up and listen for the high tones. :chase:

*** Anyone find anything that hits in the upper left of the screen, if so what hits there? ***

In my opinion, most rings, coins, and other good targets do not fall below the area bounded by less than 09Fe AND less than about 34Co (upper left to upper center). You may get a rusty bottle cap or wrap-around nail and a few other assorted junk targets. Likewise another no-man's land is in the lower-left quadrant with values higher than say ~17Fe (depending upon mineral content) and below about 30Co. Not much good items fall that low unless they are small/weak conductive items buried in heavy mineralized soil.

The main good target area is the 12Fe line +/- 5Fe but below 30Co. The other good area is in the right third of the screen, vertically from about 01Fe-30Fe but above about 30Co. Upper right is silver and lower right is coins in minerlized soil or iron ridden nail areas. The deeper the target the higher the Fe value is driven.

Those are the areas where you are likely to get something worth keeping. If the target's is repeatable or jumps a bit but mostly vertically - dig it.

The deeper the target the higher the Fe value is driven.

Thats awesome info for a newbie like me. Thanks for the heads up. I had some questionables with 15-17 and deep that I didnt dig but had a good repeatable good CO number. Guess I am going back there...

Great forum guys.

LittleJohn

Johnnyanglo: "The main good target area is the 12Fe line +/- 5Fe but below 30Co. The other good area is in the right third of the screen, vertically from about 01Fe-30Fe but above about 30Co. Upper right is silver and lower right is coins in minerlized soil or iron ridden nail areas. The deeper the target the higher the Fe value is driven."

"...12Fe line +/- 5Fe but below 30Co." Shouldn't this say ABOVE 30Co?

Also have you found very many good items in that lower right area that is just above 30 Fe?
All I have found there seem to be nails and I pretty much stopped digging those after about the 10th nail.
This last time out I got A LOT of 28-24 FE to 40-48 Co readings which were all nails of the ones I dug.
The only coins I have dug near those numbers were ones that were near a nail.

Johnnyanglo said:
*** Anyone find anything that hits in the upper left of the screen, if so what hits there? ***

In my opinion, most rings, coins, and other good targets do not fall below the area bounded by less than 09Fe AND less than about 34Co (upper left to upper center). You may get a rusty bottle cap or wrap-around nail and a few other assorted junk targets. Likewise another no-man's land is in the lower-left quadrant with values higher than say ~17Fe (depending upon mineral content) and below about 30Co. Not much good items fall that low unless they are small/weak conductive items buried in heavy mineralized soil.

The main good target area is the 12Fe line +/- 5Fe but below 30Co. The other good area is in the right third of the screen, vertically from about 01Fe-30Fe but above about 30Co. Upper right is silver and lower right is coins in minerlized soil or iron ridden nail areas. The deeper the target the higher the Fe value is driven.

Those are the areas where you are likely to get something worth keeping. If the target's is repeatable or jumps a bit but mostly vertically - dig it.

**** "...12Fe line +/- 5Fe but below 30Co." Shouldn't this say ABOVE 30Co? ****

It's an area that many thin-med thick gold rings are found and other assorted jewelry. Thin white gold rings will be down in the foil range. So, you pretty much have to dig this area if you want to recover the valuable items. Above 30Co and you get in the clad penny, clad/silver dime and quarters, and silver jewelry and large silver ring area.

*** This last time out I got A LOT of 28-24 FE to 40-48 Co readings which were all nails of the ones I dug. ***

Yes, the nails occupy the lower right quad and will mimick the chirp of a coin, but usually lack repeatability and be more jumpy in the Co value (be a more like a grunt with a truncated chirp). But this is also where the old coins live - so you have to suffer some amount of nails. Invariably if the target center shifts away to the edge of the hole it's the pointy end of nail that gave the chirp - so no joy. Those nails and rust flakes drive the response down to the higher Fe values and if large amount of flakes exist or nails above the non-ferrous target you'll get only the grunt or null and the target will be masked. Remove the iron junk and the non-ferrous is again detectable. If you suspected the area you are hunting holds deeply buried (old) coins - it would be best to remove the iron from a gridded area - bit by bit. You would be surprised what lies underneath the masking iron.