Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Another Gold First For This Old Hunter!!!:detecting:

Cupajo

About an hour before dead low tide Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and I headed out into Long Island Sound at a local beach. The water was calm, the wind out of the west/south west, was a gentle breeze.

I told my Pal Frank how the waves had been breaking closer to the water's edge recently and how I had been hoping to check the deep side of the sand bar that runs along the whole area for possible exposed treasure.

If anything the bar was wider and the sand deeper than before with only a few shallow, light weight targets such as bottle caps to be found.

There has been a narrow cut parallel to the shore a couple of yards out for a long time and I found that it was sanded in so that it was less than half as wide as it has been for months. The depth of the sand on the bar seems to be as bad as before if not a little worse!

Less than an hour after wading out there the wind picked up and I started catching water over the tops of my gauntlets and splashes over the top of my waders!!

After 21/2 hours of scouting the area I had recovered 45 targets (mostly junk), a titanium wedding band and my first partial plate with two plastic teeth caps and solid gold backing.

[attachment 303987 12-1-14SVOC001.JPG]

[attachment 303988 12-1-14SVOC007.JPG]

[attachment 303989 12-1-14SVOC011.JPG]

Small gold and I haven't tested it for content, but considering how few times (twice in the last 2 months) I have managed to get out this year with nothing to show for my efforts I'm happy!!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

WTG Lew!! Good to see the team is still Hot on the trail!

Never have I dug anything like those...

CJ,
The guy I bought my CZ20 from said that finding that first dental gold feels a little odd, but heck, it is gold. I have yet to find dental gold. Congrats on your dental gold find!!
Cheers,
tvr

I started hunting in the early '80s Joe and this is a first for me!!

A Friend I hunted with once back then found a similar dental plate.

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Yeah! excellent! Thats a lot of diggin there!...I like what is see regarding the smaller targets.:clapping:
Mud..

Thanks for the kind words Friends!!:clapping:

2.8 grams of 14+K!! It acid tested a strong 14K and the 18K acid took a long time to effect the line.

Don't know what it is alloyed with, but it was hard to strike a line on the stone.

Likely 14K as the acid isn't "fresh"!!

This partial reminds me of a Christmas song......."All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" lol l!!!!!! Nice piece of gold:thumbup: and wished the ring had been gold as well for you!!!!

Got out for a hunt...and....found some gold - sounds like a good day to me...congratulations!!

Hey Lew...
How I miss YOUR cuts and the sand bar. For what I am finding out here, I should the the trip and see if you have missed anything.
About dental gold...it is usually 16K, so I am told by a dentist..
That would make you acid readings correct.

Enjoy the calm seas and gentle winds. Or as we Navy men say "fair winds and following seas"

Rick

Nice to hear from Ya Rick!! :thumbup:

One never knows what will be in the scoop as you have learned over the years I'm sure!! :)

Goldstrike said:
This partial reminds me of a Christmas song......."All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" lol l!!!!!!

Very good LOL.

It is quite obvious which find Cupajo was most partial to.