Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Boxing Day Gold:detecting:

Cupajo

As Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and I eased into the early morning, cold waters of Long Island Sound this AM I wasn't very sure that the deeper sand might give way to thinner areas, but I wanted to scout the spot a bit just in case.

Five minutes in I recovered a small bit of rusty metal only 1/2 scoop down. 15-20 minutes later I found an area where the sand was thinner and almost immediately got a good signal. A couple of scoops later after opening the hole enough to get a sense of where the target rested I recovered the 10K, 1962 class ring. [attachment 305243 12-26-14Finds001.JPG]

Less than 20 minutes later I recovered the 3rd target only a few yards away and found this 14K wedding band in my sifter just as the sun broke over the eastern end of The Sound. Sure feels good when back to back gold comes to light.[attachment 305244 12-26-14Finds004.JPG][attachment 305245 12-26-14Finds005.JPG]

After an hour and a half I started to feel the effects of the 35 degree air temperature and the cold water and satisfied with another fine hunt headed for home.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Way to go....I knew I should have gone out this morning...Dr. appointment kept me home.
BUT tomorrow, watch out for the wakes coming in from Cape Cod. I will be moving and digging
just to get one last piece before the New Year.

Trust you Christmas was great, and your last two presents hung around for you to unearth them today.

Wow C.J. Never mind the Frankincence and Myrrh.......you just took the GOLD!!!!! What a great way to finish this year although there is still a little less than a week before New Year's so you still have a chance for more A.U.!!! Congrats:thumbup: G.S.

Wow Lew!! Beautiful duo!!

Extra low tides, fairly gentle breezes, temps above freezing, small waves, what more does an old hunter need to get out there!!:thumbup:

Thanks for the encouragement Friends,:clapping:

CJ

Thanks again for your comments Friends!!

(A tiny detail I forgot to mention about this 2 gold hunt was the 11 targets recovered over half of which were junk!!)

Conditions were perfect this AM with water like glass and a minus low tide, but 29F is a bit too cold for this old hunter so I'm waiting for a milder (over 32F) day!!

GL&HH All,

CJ

Hey Joe! What does one wear in the water of Long Island Sound in December to keep the family jewels cozy?

togamac said:
Hey Joe! What does one wear in the water of Long Island Sound in December to keep the family jewels cozy?

7Mil Neoprene waders by Cabella, thermal undies and heavy wool socks are a good start.:biggrin:

Cupajo said:
togamac said:

7Mil Neoprene waders by Cabella, thermal undies and heavy wool socks are a good start.:biggrin:

[attachment 305685 1stHuntoftheyear1-14002.JPG]

[attachment 305686 1stHuntoftheyear1-14005.JPG]

A hooded wind breaker and gauntlets top off the ensemble!! :thumbup:

Man! :surprised: Gold waits for nobody! Thats what it takes..great shots (and effort) Lew!
Unbelievable that a guy would suit up and hit it like you do in the cold...talk about tough duty! Hats off Sir!:please:
Mud

Thanks for the details Joe. Way to go!!! I admire your tenacity. I know your neighbors and in-laws think you're a little touched but your friends here understand. If I was on the Sound I'd be right there beside you. Going shopping now for some of those gauntlets.