Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Effort (Hours hunting & Targets Recovered) Vrs. Results:detecting:

Cupajo

Spent a little time reviewing my diary this afternoon for this info.

2012 (53 Gold Objects Recovered) @ 522.25 Hours Hunted & 6128 Targets Recovered (11.7 TR per hour)

2013 (12 GOR) @ 122.5 Hours Hunted& 1535 TR (12.5 TR per hour)

2014 [11 GOR -so far-) @ 86.75 HH & 1028 TR (11.8 TR per hour)

The old saying that the harder I work the luckier I get would seem true!!!

2012 totals were the best year results I have ever had, but I put in many more hours for them.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

PS Not all the rings are in the pic as my wife has one, one was sold and a couple were returned to their owners. The left pic is from 2013 & the right 2014.
Attached Images[attachment 305302 2013-14Finds007.JPG][attachment 305303 2013-14Finds006.JPG]

Joe you confirm my suspicion that I should have started MDing years earlier!
On a side note for the longest time I pronounced your name Coo-Pa-Ho (curse California living!) then one day I saw Cup-A-Joe, it was life changing!

pasttom said:
On a side no:biggrin:te for the longest time I pronounced your name Coo-Pa-Ho (curse California living!) then one day I saw Cup-A-Joe, it was life changing!

Very Interesting, Thanks for posting. I only get to hunt the beach a couple a weeks a year and love to see data like this. Would you characterize the beaches that you hunt as average, crowded, hi-end, or something else?

Most of our Connecticut beaches are "family" beaches with "resort" beaches being in short supply.:thumbdown:

Places where "high end" jewelry may be lost are usually very limited access, but even on Family beaches a hunter can sometimes get lucky!!:cheers:

Lots to think about here...regarding paying the dues to be a gold waterman of this calibre....thats a lot of scoopage...and findage too...:please: Nice recordings of it all...important for us to see..thank you!
Mud

CJ.... id also agree with those figures. U have to dig a lot of targets and u definitely have to put in the time. Lot of times its a matter of timing. I notice verious months of the year seem to produce as well.

Dew

Glad to see you are working harder as the years go on...impressive for "your" beach. Loving it and wishing I did not have so many beaches that need cleaning between here and there. Maybe we can meet up for a hunt and a cupajo afterwards.

Looking over your finds, I saw the square earring. It looks very similar to one I found...same beach. I took it to my alchemist and he turned it into a pendant (took off the post and added a loop). My wife loves it and wears it often. If my memory is working it had some 30 odd diamonds in 18K.

Time to get out again, only a couple of silver coins in the past week. One white gold found its way into my buddy's scoop. Nice was to end the year. Three more tides to go...

pasttom said:
On a side note for the longest time I pronounced your name Coo-Pa-Ho (curse California living!) then one day I saw Cup-A-Joe, it was life changing!
LOL, now that's funny right there!
May I ask, why the reduced hours hunting? That's what chaps my butt right now...NOT GOING!! I haven't been since Thanksgiving!

dgruff said:
May I ask, why the reduced hours hunting? That's what chaps my butt right now...NOT GOING!! I haven't been since Thanksgiving!

As a 73 year old repair plumber I have to work when the jobs are available to keep the old canine away from the door. Family commitments, weather not cooperating and lowered energy level from all the above have a way of keeping this old water hunter ashore. In other words life gets in the way!!! Heating my house with wood demands lots of my time too with cutting, hauling, splitting, stacking and keeping the house nice n warm by keeping the home fire burning!!!

Thanks for asking!!

CJ

It is amazing how some of you do get out as much as you do. Seems busy all the time for me and im not working. There has to be family time guys, especially if you want to keep that family. Ive slacked off this year as well and dont really mind when the weather keeps me out of the water. Most of the time if im not getting in neither is anyone else. You guys up N. have the additional work load....... not a lot of warm days either. Takes a lot of modivation to get out there...... i applaud you for that.

Dew

Always impressed with what you find. :thumbup:

Joel-Winnipeg said:
Always impressed with what you find. :thumbup:

Thanks Joel!!:thumbup:

The truck loads of junk I recover don't make it into my bragging posts or you might have another opinion!!:biggrin:

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Lew I tell you that is some fine hunting in 2014 for 86 hours and Amazing how the ratio stays the same when you hunted over 500 hours...Great Post! Thanks for sharing..!!