Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag:First water hunt of 2016=very little silver and a little more gold!!

Cupajo

Yesterday I chatted with my Friend Frank and he assured me that a small spot (where he was hunting at the time we spoke) has cleared away enough sand to offer at least some hunting for a change.

This AM as I enjoyed my usual morning coffee down by the water I checked the spot from a distance and liked the calm water I saw. I hoped it would be that way when the tide dropped so I could see if Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and I could coax some treasure outa there.

Waded out into a bit of chop at 1:30PM hoping to see the south east wind weaken, but it got stronger and in minutes the swells forced me back to dry land. It seemed that the spot my Friend showed was just as rough, but I hiked down there and tried it anyway!! Only a few minutes and I headed back to the dry sand!! (couldn't get out far enough to reach his "spot")

Studying the beach for a few minutes revealed that east of where I started was an area that offered some hope and after a short walk I waded out into only moderately rough water. (The sand bar 50 yards or so out helped calm down the swells just enough to hunt without struggling.

21/2 hours, 31 targets recovered including the almost destroyed Mercury dime pictured and this tiny 14K religious medal!

[attachment 325249 DSCF4859.JPG]

The tide changed and the waves were beginning to push me ashore so it was time to call it a day!!

Thanks for looking,

CJ

That's a Nice one Lew!! Keeper!

Nice finds! I got pretty beat up by the waves yesterday too. Lost my scoop after one tumble and had to use the detector to find it... LOL

We Long Island Sound Hunters are spoiled by our usually calm waters!

Yesterday was a reminder that we are not exempt from rough water when conditions turn wrong!!

Studying wave action and carefully watching where the action is slowed by an outer sand bar may allow a hunt and can save the day.:thumbup:

Thanks for your kind words Friends and be careful out there!!

GL&HH,

CJ