Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Late afternoon hunt=4 interesting finds :detecting:

Cupajo

It was getting late in the day when Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and I waded out for a 1.5 hour hunt beginning at 3PM and ending as the light faded after sundown.

This big ring was recovered in waist deep water after I chased it down from about a foot depth to over two feet down between some very large stones/boulders. It has no makers marks and seems to be hand made of low grade stainless which loosely sticks to a magnet.

[attachment 324237 DSCF4670-1.jpg] [attachment 324238 DSCF4673-1.jpg] [attachment 324239 DSCF4674-1.jpg]

The tiny beads each gave a fairly strong signal and were recovered one at a time by dumping a scoop full into my sifter where they barely managed to get caught in the holes there.

[attachment 324236 DSCF4668-1.jpg]

The very thin coin leaning against the piece of scrap metal is what is left of a "real" penny after years of salt water exposure.

I was sure the religious medal was gold as it came from the water un-tarnished and shiny, but there are no identification marks and I'm not sure if an acid test works on brass. (10K acid is slow to react with the rub mark and 14K makes the small ribbon of metal on the stone instantly disappear.)

These recovered objects may not be of any real value, but still add interest to our hobby!!

GL&HH friends,

CJ

Thats along way to chase that big ring,ashame it wasnt gold for your efforts... cool finds anyway..as i remember it you are a cold water hunter...

As long as the temps are above freezing and the wind isn't too brisk or the water to rough I'll get out there for an hour to maybe 4 hours.

Years ago I hunted one time with temps in the 20's and small ice bergs floating about. Once was enough of that foolishness!!:biggrin:

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Still a nice ring Mr Lew! Good to see your still working the Gold Fields!

OldBeechnut said:
Still a nice ring Mr Lew! Good to see your still working the Gold Fields!

36F this AM my Friend!!

Tide's right, water's calm, calm winds, but these Old Bones are telling me no!!

Scheduled my days work for the afternoon to have some free time.

Haven't thought of these hunting grounds as "gold fields" for a long time. Lately they have been the "clean up the junk fields"!!!!:angry:

Many thanks for your kind words OBN,

CJ

Keep on plugging. Not gold but lots better than tabs and hair pins. I appreciate you showing.