Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag:Lousy weather hunt(inside outa the wind and rain!!):detecting:

Cupajo

When I recover targets I take them home, count the total and enter the number in my diary. Then a quick look to determine which are keepers usually saving the "final inspection" for lousy weather.

The accumulation was about a 5 gallon pail full of odds and ends of metal that were all jumbled up into a fair sized pile that needed careful scraping and inspection.

Pic one shows the pile of possibles on the left and the silver and 1-gold on the right.

The letter A is 1Gram of 14K with very small and hard to find marks. The three other gold toned pieces aren't marked except that two are made in Italy, feel and look like the real thing. (They exhibit excellent craftsmanship and quality).

Most of the silver has nearly invisible marks due to corrosion and wear of being submerged in salt water.

Definitely worth a 2nd look... gotta be a few more winners in that pile..they look real good for coming out of saltwater...

Checked and rechecked many more than in the pics!!

Extreme magnification and bright lights and I am certain I have missed nothing this time!! The only thing left is to confirm or not the three left that have no marks other than that two are Italian made and look and feel like gold!!

We'll see,

CJ

Sharp eyes Mr. Lew, Best to you and the Boys up North for 2016!!

OK now what are you going to do? Oh, yes the sun was out yesterday with 47 degree temps...I hope you made it into the sound. The temps have been so nice for December (warmest December on record)...you were lucky to have two bad weather days to do your sort.
Lets hope the next few months are as nice as December was.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!

To you, yours, and everyone:
Stay well and have a Happy, Healthy, Enjoyable, and Prosperous New Year.

Yesterday I spent 2 hours water hunting a small local beach that I have worked heavily in recent months with a few nice targets to show for my efforts.

Bits of can slaw and snap tops, one water-worn clad quarter, one nickel, two clad dimes and one silver Rosie dime with one small piece of junk jewelry added up to 11 targets recovered to show for my efforts.

The tide is near dead low right now and when I parked at the beach a short while ago to enjoy my morning coffee the water was calm , but the temps are hovering at 35 degrees!! As much as I wanna I ain't gonna!!:)

Happy hunting New Year my Friend!!

CJ

That's a good pass time. I have found five unmarked items myself. I was pretty certain they were gold. Last year I got my self an acid testing set and I was right on 5 out of 6. I had my doubts about a ring, suspected it to be low carat but it turned out to be copper. Of the 5 unmarked gold items, one was a gold ring. Never doubted that it was gold: tested 18 k (the right one on the pic of this post: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,2239940 ). A pendant and a piece of necklace, with a little paler tone, turned out to be 14 k just as I expected. Two unmarked ear rings tested 18 k and 14 k. I reckon I developed a gold and silver sense like, I ques, most beach and water hunters eventually do. I bet your right on your unmarked items. Great stuff!

Happy new year!

Regards Kossie