Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag:Old Gold, but I'll take it!!:detecting:

Cupajo

Caught a little slack in my schedule and decided to have a go at a local beach so close to the train tracks that it is a challenge to use a PI there.

Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and this Old Hunter managed to do OK for 2.5 hours when the incoming tide started to threaten my waders telling me to go home or else!!!

Third target was this old KofC ring in 14K (.31 DWT) and 6 fishing sinkers, three recent coins and lotsa junk (45 Targets recovered) in 2.5 hours.

[attachment 304717 12-16-14KofC14KRing001.JPG]

[attachment 304719 12-16-14KofC14KRing004.JPG]

[attachment 304718 12-16-14KofC14KRing005.JPG]

Nice going CJ, 45 targets in water in 2.5 hours is a lot of work....a just reward with the ring, which looks really great...nice going.

That is some fast scooping. Ring looks Heavier. Nice Find.

Furious T said:
Nice going CJ, 45 targets in water in 2.5 hours is a lot of work....a just reward with the ring, which looks really great...nice going.

I scouted a long stretch of water at various wading depths and found most of the trash in a fairly limited area exposed recently. A Friend had been hitting the spot hard for several hunts and his Excal allowed him to leave lots of trash for me and my PI!!:biggrin:

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Very nice chunk of 10K:thumbup: It has to weigh more than .31 dwt?

Very Outstanding! :drool: Its good to see some cold water gold here for inspiration!:clapping:
Mud

Goldstrike said:
Very nice chunk of 10K:thumbup: It has to weigh more than .31 dwt?

14K and I am not convinced my scale is "dead on" .

Gotta do some tests.

Thanks for your reply,

CJ

OOppss not 10K 14K! sorry!

Ha Goldie! My local gold buyer pirate tries the same thing on me! "Oh, its stamped 14k, but only tests as 10k"!:rofl:

I tell him to make his money on somebody else, and we go around and around all the time!:lmfao:
Mud

If that ring only weighs .31 dwt that is less than half a gram or less than $11.00 worth of gold. I have found some small rings but never found one that weighed less than half a gram. That ring has to be much heavier or the pictures certainly look like a much heavier ring.

I must weigh in when I am not so tired in the future!!:biggrin:

At today's closing the scrap value of the 6.0 DWT ring is 207.92!!:thumbup:

I knew my eyes played tricks on me but I didn't think they were that bad. Those two 100 Dollar bills look much better. Congratulations on an excellent Find.

Beautiful Olde Lew!! Some of the old ones you Northern boys dig really had some nice design, and weight! :thumbup:

6 gr sounds better for the ring's weight.

Coming back to CT tomorrow, sorry, no time to detect.
Going to the movies with Rich, Carol and Jane. Another reprieve from my wrath of digging.

Don't you just love how we could have missed that ring for so many years?
And the one ring you searched for 28 years (?) before finding and returning it?
The stories we have...The hobby we share...They are great, yet not as great as
this time of the year...Merry Christmas.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop...

Many thanks for your replies Friends!!

The long lost ring you refer to WW was lost for 40 years and I knew the general area to search for it, back in the early '80s.

After a couple of years of watching for it among my finds it appeared in my scoop one day and I returned it to the fellow who lost the then brand new 14K signet ring when he was 12 years of age.

The story was printed in the Hartford Courant .

Regards,

CJ