Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Reached milestone # 50 :detecting:

Cupajo

Yesterday AM I managed a two hour water hunt at a small local beach community and recovered as my second target a 9.49 Gram platinum wedding band about 15' from the edge of the water.

I must say I was considering keeping the $331.00 worth of precious metal, but I was sure the person who lost the ring would be easily found if I just put up a couple of posters.

Two posters in place to be easily seen with the name and date that was inscribed in the ring and my phone # and name, but no other info. As I headed back to the car I met a couple of young ladies and told them who I was looking for and they knew in a heart-beat who the ring belonged to and sent me to the cottage where I met the extended family! We arranged to return an hour later with the ring (that was safely back at home) when the couple was due to have lunch with them.

The ring had been lost 2 years ago!

The pics show the happy couple as she returns the band to its rightful place on her hubby's finger.

[attachment 312890 50returned0021.JPG]

[attachment 312891 50returned002.JPG]

GL&HH Friends and thanks for sharing my 50th ring return,

CJ

WOW, Lew!! Great job...#50 also...just Amazing work my friend...

Congrats on the milestone. Here is wishing you many many more ring returns; and of course many keepers too!
tvr

Congrats on #50 Cj :clapping:....It's always an interest to me to learn how long a lost ring has been laying around till it was found.

Wow! You sure go above and beyond to find owners! Congratulations and just an amazing piece of work there!:please:
Mud

Many thanks for your kind words Friends!!

I made sure the young man understood that should I ever recover his ring again it was mine to keep!!!:biggrin:

You are improving! I remember one ring it took much, much longer to find, something like 28 years for you to find and return. It is great to see you are still up and in the water. It has been an awful winter for getting into the water. The weather has improved and now I have to start looking at the tides and making doctor appointments around them so there is no interference with my detecting time. Stay well and keep on swinging.

The karma, pictures and story are priceless. Who needs a few bucks when one has his health and can help others?

I better go find and return another ring or you may catch up with me...
Rick

I know Water Walker my Friend that you are a member of "Ring Finders" and have a fine score for returned rings to date with many more in the future for sure!!

Over the years I have developed a rep as the "Resident Ring Finder" locally without being a member of that fine organization.

I have had a number of occasions where desperate people would be knocking on my door at odd hours for help and I have responded ASAP!!

The have been many times when this was inconvenient, but never the less-------------------:)

Regards and best wishes,

Lew

Congratulations on the find and the return. I found out on the first of the month what a thrill it is to be able to find and return someone's ring. Job Well Done.