Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag:Second gold for 2016 :detecting:

Cupajo

Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and this Old Hunter had an interesting 2 hours "out there" today! I barely got my boots wet in the 40F water when the ground swells started outa the south east. Had to hunt with one eye on the incoming watching for anything that could knock me off my feet. I was lifted a foot or so off the bottom several times using my detector and Diablo's long handle to keep my balance! I also stepped up on the quickly planted scoop several times to manage the incoming swells.

Hunted the deep sand of the outer bar that runs parallel to the beach about 100' from the water's edge and was able to find a bit less rough water to deal with there. Recovered 16 bottle caps donated by the boaters moored in front of the local gin mills each summer. Everywhere else was "sanded in" so badly that we locals have given up on hunting the usual places closer to shore.

You can see the 31 targets recovered including a bottle opener which made me wonder if it had supplied the 16 caps!

The "whatzis" is anybody's guess, 10" wide and made of heavy bronze.

[attachment 326439 DSCF4928.JPG]

The small ring, my first for '16, is 10K with Markasite (Sp?) or maybe CZ "stones".

[attachment 326440 DSCF4925.JPG]

[attachment 326441 DSCF4924.JPG]

Thanks for looking Friends,

CJ

Lew that is a Beauty!! Wow, you have out done it this time!!:please:

Way to go cupajo.... you are one crazy hunter riding the waves this time of year and i mean that in a good way... congrats on a well earned find....

BH the swells were manageable, but it didn't take long for my energy to ebb! Long Island Sound is mostly protected water, but can really get jumping if the wind is from the east or west end of "the Sound" as it then has a long way to get up steam! Or if you are in the area where the ocean is due south without Long Island acting as a buffer!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ