Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Surprises just keep coming!!:detecting:

Cupajo

Yesterday I managed a 3 hour hunt that didn't produce any amazing finds, but did cause me to wonder how some things just fall into place.

47 Targets recovered in 3 hours is not a bad average in the spot where I was hunting and the finds were about average too.

[attachment 290760 5-12-14Finds001.JPG]

One scoop full of material from digging a strong signal resulted in me finding these four items in my sifter. A large stainless washer (which at first I thought was a large coin or medallion until I got a better look at it), a small stainless washer, the head off a stainless screw and a 9MM Luger cartridge drooped out of one scoop full of sand and stone.

[attachment 290762 5-12-14Finds007.JPG]

Next was another strong signal and out pops the only ring of the days hunt which turned out to be the only key ring I have ever found water hunting with no keys attached!!!

Even in 3 Mil neoprene waders and Tee shirt I found myself perspiring and until the sun hid behind the clouds I was actually too warm. (Unusual for this time of year!!!)

It felt good to get out there for a while.

Maybe next time--------------

CJ

Nice spin Lew, Just good to get out and enjoy!! :thumbup:

When the water warms up, I just go in my regular jeans and a long sleeved shirt and since I'm cold natured, I wear under armor during the summer time under my clothes. At least when the public rest rooms are open so I can change, other wise I use the chest waders myself. They do get hot. I prefer the wetsuit and hood, but the 100 mile round trip to get it and return it wear me out. As long as I stay up to my neck or just over my head with my snorkel, I can handle the heat with the wetsuit. If I tried to work the shallows, I would roast.
I just got my At/Pro back from Garrett today and hope to hit the water Saturday. I need a light hoodie to protect my face from the sun's reflection on the water or balaclava what ever you want to call it. I saw one on this fishing show that was white and covered their full face except the nose and eyes and hope to get one soon. I have an under armor hoodie, but it's too hot for summer use. HH, Cupajo.

Lots of targets but you never know what'll show up in the scoop.
A good outing and hunt.