Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

USB Dongle ??

a.c.t.i.v.8

Hello America !! I know this has been asked before, but looking for an update if any one knows? as Whites over here dont !! of a possible release date ??

Dave

Last I heard was that it'd be the end of the year but...? Beings it hasn't been mentioned yet is it'll probably be a spring release. Working on getting a netbook to load whatever interlink software that'll come with it. (Wonder if it'll be just basic Windows 95 "like" or have a little splash of more modern visuals? Windows 7 emulates XP (in tandem) so it should run well with XP,Vista and 7. How much you wanna bet some of us will be shootin' live video and programs to each other soon! World is a changin'...aint it?!!

mthunter said:
That's a perfectly good question...just don't expect an answer from White's!

True. This is letting White's down big time.....

a.c.t.i.v.8 said:

True. This is letting White's down big time

I agree....sadly. The popularity of the V3 would multiply a hundred fold if a remote program transfer device was introduced

Without it, the beast is hog-tied....TheMarshall

Luckily programs don't always work from one location to another without readjustment so it isn't too much of an issue. For guys that hunt together in the same ground conditions, there is always the wireless transfer from machine to machine. If someone gave me a program that works for them and it didn't work for me, AND I didn't know how to adjust it so that it did, I wouldn't have gained a thing. But, if I knew how to make those adjustments, I wouldn't need the program. Nobody knowledgable is really missing anything.

I'd be interested in it for software updates if they would allow us to do that.

Downdeep said:
Nobody knowledgable is really missing anything.

This I do not agree with my friend. I am quite knowledgable with the V3, but my biggie is if and when the V3 has to go on to Whites for what ever reason, I have no way of backing my programs up and they take ages to set up !!!

That goes along with updating software. I do like that idea, backing up a program would be a nice feature. Thank you for bringing that thought to light for me.

I believe Carl stated before that software updates via Dongle was not in the plans. The last I know about the Dongle is that it was on the back burner do to more pressing needs at this time. I'll see if I can get him to comment on the project.

I think I remember reading that software updates will not be a option. The reason was 1 corrupted file could screw up many detectors though the down loads. Yazoo

I've posted on this one before. I don't see the big deal because software down loads will not be an option. Using the common program options and a list of your changes I can have your program up and running on my V in minutes.
All my discrimination, resolutions, colors tones, live menu etc. are customized for me. All my operating screens match. Even if I down loaded your programs I would still what t adjust it to look like mine. How many operating changed could you have made different from mine? I can copy one of mine, make your cahnges and be up an running with no doggle in minutes. Software updates, YES, otherwise who cares. Rob

"otherwise who cares. Rob"

I care, it was sold a detector with the notion of a dongle.

Your personal opinion is not shared by most I speak with.

A dongle would be huge, and would have many more uses.

Please tell me the other uses so I will be informed.

File sharing would open up the market, they should be exploiting this by now.

Remote support

Upload of custom icons/GUI layout.

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.
Besides that...I was told there was going to be a dongle available! lol Thats the biggest one for me.

mthunter said:
File sharing would open up the market, they should be exploiting this by now.

Remote support

Upload of custom icons/GUI layout.

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.
Besides that...I was told there was going to be a dongle available! lol That's the biggest one for me.

I agree with you my friend !! I have spent over

Larry (IL) said:
I believe Carl stated before that software updates via Dongle was not in the plans. The last I know about the Dongle is that it was on the back burner do to more pressing needs at this time. I'll see if I can get him to comment on the project.

What could be more pressing than finishing something they have started and have promised?

Dongle Or no dongle I really don't think its is going to get my detector any deeper. If it did I would be to tired from digging such deep holes to even play with me dongle.Thinking There is more to do than worry about dongles go dig some holes,Be Happy ,It is the Best machine going as is. Happy Hunting to all!!!!!Yazoo