Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Used Deus 1 vs Minelab Xterra Pro for Beach detecting

I have been out of Detecting since 2015 accident that took out my right knee. I am now living in area surrounded by beaches been thinking about getting an Xterra Pro ( low cost and seems to do well on beach and lite). But a Deus 1 has come on market at a pretty low price. Just wondering is the Deus 1 worth the extra and will it do ok on Florida beaches. I borrowed a Deus 1 and was swinging it in Colorado right before I took out my knee falling off a cliff.

The Deus I is NOT a saltwater beach detector. I had one and can attest to that personally. It’s unstable in a saltwater environment. A good land machine but not a saltwater beach machine.

ColonelDan is right, the Deus I doesn't do well in or around salt water despite the fact that it has a beach setting.

The Deus 2, tho, is a completely different story. It's really easy to use that machine on the beach. That might be more than you're willing to spend, but if there's any way you can find a used one, it's probably the last detector you'll need for several years.

A Minelab Equinox 600 will be a good or even the Minelab Vanquish 540
The 600 uses the same Multi freq as the 800
The Detecting Duo ... He uses the Nox .. She uses the Vanquish .. He said she finds more rings

I have been out of Detecting since 2015 accident that took out my right knee. I am now living in area surrounded by beaches been thinking about getting an Xterra Pro ( low cost and seems to do well on beach and lite). But a Deus 1 has come on market at a pretty low price. Just wondering is the Deus 1 worth the extra and will it do ok on Florida beaches. I borrowed a Deus 1 and was swinging it in Colorado right before I took out my knee falling off a cliff.
Deus 1 works very well as long as you stay in the "dry sand."

Thanks - that answers my question - I think I will start with the Xterra Pro using beach mode. That saves me $250 because the Deus 1 was $500. And all reports are the Xterra is good - not best but good in and out of saltwater.
There's a few cheap Deus 1's on ebay

I've used a D1 here in Ct on the beach and found a 15" deep Id bracelet that was returned after being lost 52 years story is here in good deeds I found silver and rings also I had pretty good luck
with mine not my choice now for beach hunting but you can use it.
A friend bought a Xterra and I met him at a beach I was detecting set him up and I had to leave well he texted me later found his first Gold band! I went back found a gold class ring
in a area where loads of lead were coming out of.
Yes you can use them but being single frequency not the best choice.
Mark

A Minelab Equinox 600 will be a good or even the Minelab Vanquish 540
The 600 uses the same Multi freq as the 800
The Detecting Duo ... He uses the Nox .. She uses the Vanquish .. He said she finds more rings
Depends if she wants to use it in the water. Neither one is great at being “waterproof “
At least the Xterra pro is proven so far to be water tight
If you are exclusively doing beach hunting i would recommend a waterproof detector as you never know if you decide to use it in or near the water jmo. It only takes one wave to send you home

minelab vanquish 440