Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Used etrac?

Coinboy007

Hi etrac users,
I recently found a used Etrac for 400$. It comes with just the stock pro coil. Should I go for this? I hear the etrac is killer on coins, what I look for the most. But my question is: should I pay a little more for an Equinox? They are supposed to be better on separating targets. Thanks in advance.
Coinboy

You posted this on the etrac forum....you are going to find dedicated etrac users finding coins at 10-12-14 even 15 inch silver coins here on this forum....
If you go to the Equinox forum , you will also see dedicated users finding coins.... it is a loaded question. A 400 dollar etrac is a steal, if it is lightly used.
I had a nox ....couldn't find anything with it that my etrac couldn't find. I found more TARGETS with the nox, just not more coins.
The nox is the latest minelab so it will have more users to get advice from. Etrac users only post coins not settings ....
read this post.

Your decision...

E L M Y

Last edited:
You posted this on the etrac forum....you are going to find dedicated etrac users finding coins at 10-12-14 even 15 inch silver coins here on this forum....
If you go to the Equinox forum , you will also see dedicated user finding coins.... it is a loaded question. A 400 dollar etrac is a steal, if it is lightly used.
I had a nox ....couldn't find anything with it that my etrac couldn't find. I found more TARGETS with the nox, just not more coins.
read this post.

Your decision...

E L M Y
Thanks Elmy I will probably get the etrac i think it will do better for my hunting.

I’d buy it just on principle...400$ is the lowest price on ANY eTrac I’ve ever heard of.

Most of the etrac/ctx3030 users have had the nox.....we came full circle back to our old detectors, and are still using them.

Yah...I had the Equinox 800 last year and used it for 200-250 hours to make sure I had a decent handle on it. It didn’t “wake anything up” or make any sites “new again”. Maybe things are different in different soils or different parts of the country or world or....doesn’t matter. FBS simply performs better for ME...HERE...in MY sites....for what I’m looking for.

I bought an etrac last april for $700.00 that had less than 10 hpurs on it. Just for a price reference. If you dont like it you could flip it and still make money on it.

I also bought an equinox 800 around june-august range. I put about 50 hours on it going behind my etrac and ctx. It did not wake up anyplace i detect. I was trying to find all the "masked coins" the etrac and ctx miss. I don't like it and will probubly be selling it over the winter. It has a lot of features i like and i wanted it to work out. Its just not happening.

I personally dont think the ctx and etrac miss a lot of coins. If your going the correct speed and have a good swing.

For coin hunting FBS rules.

Yah...I had the Equinox 800 last year and used it for 200-250 hours to make sure I had a decent handle on it. It didn’t “wake anything up” or make any sites “new again”. Maybe things are different in different soils or different parts of the country or world or....doesn’t matter. FBS simply performs better for ME...HERE...in MY sites....for what I’m looking for.
This is helpful since I’m right by you in Iowa and we mostly hunt the same kinds of sites and soil. I’m a coin hunter in mild dirt so i think fbs will be good for me.