Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Usefulness of GPS on 3030

grouser

Let me say first I don't have my 3030 yet but it's en route,,, but I wanted to know if the GPS functions are being used by anyone here,,,, IMHO it is invaluable information to have when covering a large area,,,,or any area for that matter,,,,,,,,
-if you can accurately see where you have been and then use that to cover an area you missed
-mark finds to visually show a trend or path/area that may not be visible to the naked eye ( path to out house or old towel line)
-save a hunt to return and pick up where you left off
as a wild-land firefighter I use my GPS to mark hazards, navigate to and from points, calculate area, map fire-line, call in positions to aircraft for air drops,,,, etc etc,,,,, it is an important tool and I hope it works as well on the 3030,,, HH ,,,, Mike

It is very useful.Yesterday I hunted a 40 acre park and gridded off different areas at different times during the the day..At the end of the day I found all of my keepers were found within 31 yards of each other in a straight north to south line. wildherre

7387969566_9244ac80c2_o.jpg

very kool been to scared to turn mine on incase something strange happens but might have to give it a go looks like fun

Moonless night last night on the beach helped me to know where to get off for my truck It was almost pitch black :thumbup:

yeah shortest way back to the rig is a good one,,,, and if it were me I would re-grid that area that was obviously rich in targets again if you thought you did not cover it well,,, makes ya wonder if the same person dropped them on a walk in that direction,,,,,