Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

User Manual?

Bishop2012

Hey All,
Just put my CTX together but the only manual I had in the box was the Getting Started Guide. It's only 8 pages long. Is this all that is included or am I missing something?

It's on the cd in box on minelabs website pdf

Bishop2012 said:
Hey All,
Just put my CTX together but the only manual I had in the box was the Getting Started Guide. It's only 8 pages long. Is this all that is included or am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. Minelab is. That's actually one of my biggest (and only) sore spots with Minelab.

As a former Marketing Director for a tech firm, I've said this before...and I'll state it again;
ANY expensive/complex piece of gear that is used outdoors, absolutely positively requires a PRINTED manual that can be carried on-site for reference, not some cheap-a** CD or link to a website.

Any company that rationalizes otherwise should have their IQs checked, and their marketing director fired.

You can take the CD down to a copy shop and have it printed out for you...most owners do...but of course having to pay to have a manual printed for something you just bought is quite the slap in the face.

I love Minelab and I love the CTX...but Minelab and I will never see eye-to-eye on this subject.

All soapbox ranting aside, I hope you really enjoy using your new CTX. :)
And by all means, check out Andy Sabisch's book on the CTX...it can pretty much replace the conspicuously absent printed manual.
mike

Thank you both so much! I already took the CTX out in the yard and found 3 Lincolns and a brass leaf in the black dark. It's such a great machine I can tell already. I also ordered Andys book but it hasn't arrived yet! I need to figure out first of all how to show the double targets. I kept getting coin signals but then it would be masked by iron.

Hello Bishop2012,

Back in 2013, when I bought my CTX, I also felt that a written copy of the manual SHOULD be provided with the machine.

I emailed the Chicago office with that complaint. I was told they don't send written copies with the machine because they export to different countries. The inference was they didn't want to send a variety of 67 page manuals in different languages, with each machine. To me, that was totally lame reason. It doesn't seem like a terrible inconvenience to send the written manuals to the individual sales distributor to give to buyers in the appropriate language of that country. (major countries) It all comes down to being too cheap! A multi language CD costs next to nothing. They then put the responsibility, and cost, of getting a printed version on the customer.

Back in 2013, the Chicago office DID send me a nice 8"x51/2" printed copy, after responding to my email. I'm sure they wouldn't do that for customers now.

trojdor said:
Bishop2012 said:
Hey All,

No, you're not missing anything. Minelab is. That's actually one of my biggest (and only) sore spots with Minelab.

As a former Marketing Director for a tech firm, I've said this before...and I'll state it again;
ANY expensive/complex piece of gear that is used outdoors, absolutely positively requires a PRINTED manual that can be carried on-site for reference, not some cheap-a** CD or link to a website.

Any company that rationalizes otherwise should have their IQs checked, and their marketing director fired.

You can take the CD down to a copy shop and have it printed out for you...most owners do...but of course having to pay to have a manual printed for something you just bought is quite the slap in the face.

I love Minelab and I love the CTX...but Minelab and I will never see eye-to-eye on this subject.

All soapbox ranting aside, I hope you really enjoy using your new CTX. :)
And by all means, check out Andy Sabisch's book on the CTX...it can pretty much replace the conspicuously absent printed manual.
mike
I wish this forum had a way to give good or noteworthy comments a bump. That feature feature lacking please accept an imaginary pat on the back.

This to date has been the single most expensive non work/life necessity purchase I have ever made and I was dumbfounded that it didn't have a printed manual. Heck, even the free digging tool the dealer threw in had instructions on its safe, proper, and responsible use.

i found that downloading the manual pdf to my smart phone was a good way to take it with me wherever i go. but having a printed manual is nice to sit and read at home.

trojdor said:
Bishop2012 said:
Hey All,

mike

Took my CD down to Staples and had a copy printed (color) and bound. Cost was around $40.00.

HH

I just printed the d--n thing. Put it in a binder. Laid it beside Andy's book and read like he--..

THEN THE DETECTOR CAME