Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

User Profile question.........

James/Washington

I have not yet received my Nox 800 from my seller. I am reading everything I can and watching videos so that when it does get here, I will be understand how the settings work and be able to begin playing around with the them. I am basically a park hunter and my parks are super trashy. I will want to notch a few segments out so I do not dig as much trash. My question is about the 'User Profile'. Can I set up both park 1 and park 2 like I want and save both using 'User Profile'? Or can I only save one profile? And I assume that a factory reset will also reset the user profile. Looking forward to getting my hands on the 800 and spending some time in the field! Thanks for your answers in advance.

Well, 220 views and not a single response. I guess that no one uses or understands the 'User Profile' on the Nox. Well, I learned about it after I got it and started messing around with it. The user profile will store ONLY 1 user profile. Say that you set up a user profile for Park 1 and then switch to park 2 and set up and save a user profile for Park 2, the user profile for Park 2 will replace the user profile for Park1. So, ONLY one user profile at a time can be set up. Once you have a user profile set up, you can go back the the mode you were in and reset that one mode only to factory preset by pressing and holding the 'Mode' button for 5 seconds until 'SP' appears on the display. This will allow you to use the factory preset mode or use the "User Profile' you have set up with just the press of the button. Hope this helps.

You can only have one program in the user profile. So, you can put either park 1 or park 2 in the user profile while detecting with the other. Hope this helps.

a. As far as I know holding the power button over 5 seconds reverts all the detector settings to factory presets.

b. You can also revert any of the individual search Modes (Park, Beach, Field, and Gold) to factory preset by holding the Detect Mode Button for 5 seconds. To do this, navigate to the Search Profile you want to reset using the Detect Mode Button, and then press this button (the black button at the left side that has a coil icon on it) for 5 seconds.

c. It means that you could always adjust the settings on Park 2 (or 1 for example), and save this as a User Profile. Now exit the already saved User Profile search mode, and adjust the settings in Park 1, or even 2, and start detecting. Right here you have Park 1 (or 2) Search Mode that has been adjusted the way you want, and the other Park Search Mode in your User Profile. If you now turn the detector off, it will remember the last detecting mode you were using, plus you still have Your Search profile saved. Just remember not to do a factory reset when you turn the detector back on the next time.

d. While a detector Factory Reset reverts all the settings to factory, a Search Mode Reset reverts the local settings to factory, and leaves the global settings alone (read below).

Settings, page 38 of the manual (check the manual for accuracy)

Local
-Noise Cancel
-Ground Balance
-Target Tone
-Accept/Reject
-Recovery Speed

Global = Volume
And Semi-Global = Threshold Level

James, I don’t use it. They only allow one saved program.
Maybe after awhile of usage I will then save it. I only saved my program on the EXP II after I really like what I was digging; and that was a long time after I purchased it

There is nothing wrong with saving a User Profile, since you can always write over it with another and different Profile. However, lets say that he has already saved a profile that he wants to leave alone for the moment; he still can create another profile that is different than the one already saved. Just navigate to the Search Mode he wants to use and adjust the settings accordingly. In this case, if he turns the detector off on this second Search Mode, the detector will remember this last Search Mode when he turns it on the next time. All he has to remember is not to do a Factory Reset, and the detector will be in the last Search Mode used. What he can do at this time is to perform a Noise Cancel or maybe check or change ground balance, but only if detecting at a different place. Meanwhile the original User Profile is still intact.

By the way, whenever you are detecting using any of the Search Modes from Park to Gold, the detector is running under your individual settings, and this is a Profile. The only difference is that you haven't saved this Profile on the detector. Every Search Mode plus the Settings changes are individual Profiles, If you now want to write a new Profile over the Profile that you had saved before, just press the Profile button, and the Search Mode and settings you are now using will write over the previously saved Profile.