Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using A Sovereign at the beach..... How easy is it?

plugger

I sold a used Elite to my Fed Ex Ground driver on a Tuesday and agreed to meet him at a busy beach in San Diego the next Saturday to show him how to use it. He couldn't wait, so he takes it to Mission Beach on Thursday evening and 5 minutes into trying it on the dry sand he hits a "loud" target, digs down a few inchs and picks up a Gold money clip with $1100 in it. He had no idea, other than what I told him on Tuesday, what to do. Now he is hooked! He was almost bored on Saturday because he only found a bunch of coins. I told him not to expect to hit the jackpot every time out.

Moral of this story, just get out there! You won't find the good stuff sitting at your computer and even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. Don't worry, you will figure out what works just by doing it in the field.

Plugger

Plugger,
Great story and I hope he finds 10 rings today!

Best Regards,
Steve

Air test, test gardens and test on gold rings are not the same as in the actual Field finds as many well experienced will tell you. This is why I like what you say Plugger "Don't worry, you will figure out what works just by doing it in the field" This is a very true statement. Thanks for saying it Plugger as I too agree 100%

Rick.

We visit San Diego every couple of years because we love the city and the beaches. A carry over from when we lived in Tombstone Arizona in the Sonora desert and San Diego had the closest beaches in the USA. We lived only 12 miles from the Mexican border. Traveling at night across the desert brought us in the early morning to Mission Bay and the Pacific. Back then you could pull into any beach park and stay overnight if you had a camper van. Sometimes the police would make us move on at 2 AM but they were always nice about it. You might consider our traveling all the way to San Diego from Florida pretty strange, for someone who lives in an area with beaches and water that rival any other prime beach area in the world. Yes we have emerald green water and snow white sandy beaches but San Diego keeps calling us back. Strange I have never detected the beaches in that area. Maybe I should start. Yeah I'm taking my GT on our next trip. :cool:

Rick(ND) said:
Air test, test gardens and test on gold rings are not the same as in the actual Field finds as many well experienced will tell you. This is why I like what you say Plugger "Don't worry, you will figure out what works just by doing it in the field" This is a very true statement. Thanks for saying it Plugger as I too agree 100%

Rick.

:thumbup:

ignorance is bliss... and mean that in a good way....how many others went over that same target and thought it was just another can... there is such a thing as beginners luck... this is one of those cases where not knowing the machine was acually better than knowing it..... great story... tell your friend to sell the machine now as he will probably never top that find....lol lol ..

Plugger ,
GREAT ADVISE !!..... There is NOTHING that can trump EXPERIENCE in the field !!!....... I learn something new , or see somethng new , every time I go out and hunt !!..... Jim

Plugger,I'm going to guess that he got his money back and a profit.Maybe he could buy one of your deluxe rod setups.Great story and field test.

:surprised: I'm jealous I worked that beach from 0600hrs to 2345hrs and didn't find but three pull tabs and a penny. :yikes:

w6pea said:
:surprised: I'm jealous I worked that beach from 0600hrs to 2345hrs and didn't find but three pull tabs and a penny. :yikes:

now thats one long hunt:beers:

n/t

n/t

How true this statement is. :sadwalk: