Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using google Maps on Smartphones to find Locations::clapping:

LabradorBob

Staff member
First you must have Google Earth on your computer:
Google Earth will give you the coordinates to put on your phone for Google Maps!

Open Google Earth Click on tools and then options.
On the left where it says Show Lat/Long click the little circle by Degrees,Minutes,Seconds. to select it!
Now at bottom right click apply and ok.

Now whenever you move your mouse on google earth it will give you coordinates where the cursor is,
so to go to a spot, zoom in fairly close on Google Earth, and put the cursor at the spot you want to go to!
Now record or use the coordinates at the bottom of the screen to put on your Phone in Google Maps.

Open Navigation on your phone or wherever your Google maps is, touch type destination.
Now you are going to enter the coordinates in the browser box,and they have to be entered a certain way!
I will give an example Left to right!

36 52'11.40"-94 22'18.44"

This is 36space52'11.40"Dash94space22'18.44"

Then hit go at the bottom,if it asks whether to use Navigation or VZ NAvigator choose navigation.
Navigation on mine is google maps which is free.

VZ Navigator is not free.

Many people have tried Google Maps and google earth using addresses.
Addresses on them is not correct coordinates are!
In fact google maps lets me put in more numbers than my GPS does so i would think it would be even more accurate!

Enjoy!

LabradorBob

Awesome info! Thanks for sharing Harold. You are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to this stuff and I appreciate all you do for this forum.

You are welcome, And Thanks!

LabradorBob