Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

using GPS on CTX3030 drain battery faster?

pulltabfelix

logic would say yes. I know on my iPhone any apps that us the GPS function seem to drain the battery at least 2x faster than without using the GPS.

So does the mapping/GPS functions increase the battery drain rate on the CTX3030?

Just got my CTX 3 weeks ago so a total newbie to the CTX but not Minelab. Had an 800 for 3 years.

Battery drain wasn't noticeable for my det habits. My problem with it was finite memory for tracking.

I suppose you could make a waypoint, and with each you would know the center of a spot that you had gridded already.

That is what I was thinking. Make the waypoint and some notes in my little pocket notebook about the waypoint and area that I gridded. I think I read somewhere that you just have to use their findpoint and waypoint FP and WP and number. Which is fine with me, I can write a few notes. I have some relic CW hunting areas that have been productive in the past and to find some stuff I will need to grid. Which is fine with me, I grid volley ball courts by definition so out detecting is fun either gridding or wandering randomly. Thanks

I assume with GPS on you are actually running two programs at once? Thus more battery drain??? I personally would not run GPS in a city park or an area I know but could see the need if off the grid and stumble (or intentionally) run into a good place…..

I assume with GPS on you are actually running two programs at once? Thus more battery drain??? I personally would not run GPS in a city park or an area I know but could see the need if off the grid and stumble (or intentionally) run into a good place…..
I agree. the area in the park I hunt is probably about 5 acres. I will use waypoints to mark where I have hunted. Geotrail seems like an overkill and pain in the but to use. Thanks