Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

using pinpointer button on the orx

jimmy clark

Ive had my ORX for about nine months. I really like it. matter of fact I almost love it. But I thank XP company droped the ball on the pinpoint circuit. It takes three to four seconds for the pinpoint to start. An the pinpoint circuit its self is to hot. I'm hoping XP company will pay attention to this an give an update to fix this.

I responded before on your post on updates. When I did I thought u were using the Mi-6 pinpointer. If you are referring to the Orx pinpointer function it has a dual function, and the manual states a quick press enters the ground grab function and to enter pinpoint press for 1-2 seconds. If it is taking longer is your cell phone in your pocket? You might be getting a stronger signal from another source. Even 3-4 secs isn’t that long. Do u use the wiggle back to the center point at the top of your coil? Sometimes that is faster to locate a shallow target. My suggestion is get the Mi-6 but u will also get some lag off and on, that’s just life with button push devices. I wouldn’t rely on XP to make any updates.

Last edited:
I responded before on your post on updates. When I did I thought u were using the Mi-6 pinpointer. If you are referring to the Orx pinpointer function it has a dual function, and the manual states a quick press enters the ground grab function and to enter pinpoint press for 1-2 seconds. If it is taking longer is your cell phone in your pocket? You might be getting a stronger signal from another source. Even 3-4 secs isn’t that long. Do u use the wiggle back to the center point at the top of your coil? Sometimes that is faster to locate a shallow target. My suggestion is get the Mi-6 but u will also get some lag off and on, that’s just life with button push devices. I wouldn’t rely on XP to make any updates Its just for the price they charge for their detectors there shouldn't be any delay with the pinpoint button. the way I hunt, It does make a difference. I have a legend. No delay. My dfx has no delay. my kruzer I had,no delay. I guess ill just have to live with it. Thanks for your Input Listener.

I charged my Orx up today and found it has a long delay before the WS2 headphone comes on. That I was not pleased with. I would sell it but I only have two coils for it that also work on my Deus1 and I don’t want to part with it. I might try the Orx out on nuggets in Nevada when I get there later this year. The Deus 1 is my loaner machine. I like the Mi-6 with the Orx there doesn’t seem to be any lag with it.

I charged my Orx up today and found it has a long delay before the WS2 headphone comes on ?
You mean WS and not WS ll (Deus ll) right ? Once you've paired the WS headphones with the ORX, you simply press + - buttons to turn them on, and when your turn off the remote they auto turn off. Are you pairing every time ?

Ive had my ORX for about nine months. I really like it. matter of fact I almost love it. But I thank XP company droped the ball on the pinpoint circuit. It takes three to four seconds for the pinpoint to start. An the pinpoint circuit its self is to hot. I'm hoping XP company will pay attention to this an give an update to fix this.
I've gotten pretty good at pinpointing in search mode not liking pinpoint mode either. Bit more challenging with the 13" coil.

Yep WS, too much Deus stuff getting hard to keep it all separate and charged. Thanks, and yes I have to pair every time. Funny thing is u don’t have to pair the pinpointer though once paired it stays paired and after locating your target just turn it on and it turns on. Unlike the WS if u turn off the Orx and turn it back on u have to pair it when u turn on the WS. The pinpointer stays paired.

Last edited: