Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using the Coin shooting program.

Ronstar

Now, before I start, this is solely my observations and experience during about 6 hrs of hunting a coined out area using both the 6” and 11” coils.

I started into the EMI Hell Zone with the 6” running in 4khz in G mode in Park and other settings as “instructed”. Went quite awhile before I got a deep 46 repeatable hit and dug thinking dime probability. Nope, nickel. Thought that was a bit strange. Kept on going (absolutely no EMI sounding off). Again, 46 hit. Dug and another nickel! Moving with 6” coil was slow but this is how we learn. Now I get a 48 hit and deep so dug, nope. This time it was a beavertail bent over twice. Kept going. 48 again! This one looks like a 30-40 Krag casing in really good shape, head stamped 11 97. Onward, next hit deep solid 60 so hoping for something good, nope. 45 cal round nose bullet, most likely from a pistol/revolver. Getting confused with the VDI numbers as they appear different than the 11” coil numbers I get in F mode. Anyways, three nickels total and all dated in the late 40s.

Next outing was 11” coil and all other setting same as above. Hit a good 50 number and dug a nickel, this is confusing for sure. Got a couple more 48-50 hits and yup, nickels. Next up was a 49 which ended up a 22 short casing at 7”. Mind boggling but I got it!! Next I get a good 46-47 and I get an older military (probably shirt) button at 7”!!! Finally I get a solid 52 again and out pops a 1962 quarter at 8”!!!!! And lastly I got a 58 and dug another lead 45 bullet! Handheld sounded off again and I pulled a 45-60 casing up (head stamped 6 89). Now thinking those pistol bullets are being fired out of a rifle as a reduced load configuration.

Manual GB was 28 and this area has sprinklers that come on early morning so the dirt is always damp. I went into this area mainly knowing next to no coins likely still discoverable. Cant believe the nickels we missed but really confused on the different VDI. YES, I do watch the numbers but rely more on the sounds in concert with the numbers.

Next up is to get onto the intramural field and run this program where its more likely coins in the 3” plus depth are more common. Need to compare the numbers to what just happened in this area but, I will not throw this program idea out.

You may get totally different results. These are just mine here at this time and conditions.

Attachments

• E306DDBA-AB0D-43D4-B411-8AC45B40FCAA.jpeg
    E306DDBA-AB0D-43D4-B411-8AC45B40FCAA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 7375AD1F-6B45-4441-A4DC-D840F323B965.jpeg
    7375AD1F-6B45-4441-A4DC-D840F323B965.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
Thanks for the report. Looking forward to the next one.

I think that would screw me up. I think the nickles ring up as 29 with a distinct low tone, but pennies are all over the chart, 33, 40, 43, 45, dimes usually 45-46 and quarters 50. I just use the factory settings with a 4 tone

@Ronstar , Have you been keeping any further notes on your Coin program?
I have been working on mine in anticipation of some rain & hitting some park/town lots now that I have updated to V1.09.
Using 4kHz in Park mode 6 tone with one tone bin pretty much all Tabs. Also a C Disc pattern to use with 60 tone,2 tone & Pitch.

It is a bit tricky to set up because Nickels & Cents do have a wide spread depending on corrosion level & ground conditions. The Silver is easy.
4 kHz really helps suppress the Al trash. This is a modification of my Anfibio 5 DI program that has worked well. The Legend is better.

JCR TX,
Ive been running the coinshooting program and running in M2 in G in the park I’m currently playing in. I like the G set up in that you get those low 3-8 iron grunts as you get the 59-60 hits. Thus, I feel better that I’m probably getting falsing.

The 1902 IH penny I pulled up was in Park, M2, G, and in this ground it sounded right off loud and clear. Yesterday I was same park just a bit away from the IH and pulled a ‘36D wheat. This area is real close to a tot lot and hit by a lot of detectorists.
Since there is no EMI here the M2 makes more sense and I’m not burning power as fast. All other settings are as suggested.