Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V-Rated SEF Coils

Coil may be here as early as tomorrow, and I am looking forward to using it this weekend. While I am being cautiously optimistic, this (possibly older) review of the white 12x10 SEF gives me reason to hope.

http://bodhi3.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/international-detech-sef-12x10-v-nulled-edition-for-whites-spectra-v3v3ivx3/

Apparently the guy can run the disc up to 90 and use TX-boost while using the 22.5khz single frequency setting.

I received my 15-12 new white sef coil today that i ordered from JW at kellyco. with in 2 hours of opening the box it had all ready paid for its self at my local county park. pulled a 4.4 dwt 18k earring out the ground at 7" will upload pic's of the earring after pulling it out the ground later. people are wondering about weight, and because its so thin i think its the same weight as the d2 if not less. i hung it on the end of a tall man upper rod and had no problems what so ever swinging it. ground balance and tracking stayed right on with it and ran flawless pulling few bucks of clad, 18k earring, GP trinket, and part of a silver chain. and the ever so hefty 30 some odd pull taps.

Performance, i have noticed pinpointing is a little bit larger with it, not as refined as the d2 but you can still get it narrowed down to 2-3 inch to dig. deepest was a zincon at 11 i pulled out. was running at 11 Rx no TX but just slapped the coil on and didn't feel like tuning up a program for the coil yet so just ran my own "beater build"

one downside i did find was just with the size of the coil being the 15-12 was picking up spill spots with a few targets, had 5 coins (2 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 nickel) all with in a foot of each other roughly 2-3 inch down. pinpointing was very hard with the sef, with moving around the target i was able to peg em all out and marked with what vdi was saying it was. then put on the d2 and ran over same spot, d2 hit generally in the same spot pin pointing on all the targets but had a little trouble with locking on to the one dime. it was roughly 4 down on its edge. the d4 found it and pinpointed it dead on as always but wasn't about to lock on the vdi dead on like sef.

will have pictures transferred off the phone for tomorrow and up here. also hitting up the beach tomorrow for a 4 hour hunt to see how the new coil runs with salty sand. will post up findings.

All and all VERY happy with it, its thin, light and stable. very solid to the feel as well