Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3.0 . . . . . Let the Questions Begin :help:

Andy Sabisch

Well, as you have seen V3.0 is finally here (or at least it will be available soon) . . . . . the list of features that are included have been listed on the flyer and in the revised instruction manual.

With a good deal of time on the V3.0 platform, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have on the latest version or if I don't have it, to do some testing to give you the information you are looking for.

With that, I hope I am not cracking open the flood gates :stars:

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for opening yourself up like this...lol

One question about the I.D. Norm option, how accurate is it in your opinion?

Thanks,

Joe

cadman_us said:
Andy,

Thanks for opening yourself up like this...lol

One question about the I.D. Norm option, how accurate is it in your opinion?

Thanks,

Joe

The ID NORM function when activated brings all target ID values to what you would get running at 18 kHz . . . . . it is OFF by default and you turn it on under the OPTIONS menu. Remember there are advantages to checking certain targets such as large iron at two frequencies side-by-side to see how the TID values change but for those that want to run at different frequencies and only memorize one set of numbers, the ID NORM function will do just that.

Andy

Hi Andy,
Six weeks ago when I bought the Deus, I asked if I should wait until the V3 comes out first. No, the man said, it's just a software
addition, nothing else. So I bought it - with its 2 Year warranty. Now I'm reading this V3 manual, and see it has a 5 YEAR WARRANTY.
Am I reading this wrong?

berryrifter said:
Hi Andy,
Six weeks ago when I bought the Deus, I asked if I should wait until the V3 comes out first. No, the man said, it's just a software
addition, nothing else. So I bought it - with its 2 Year warranty. Now I'm reading this V3 manual, and see it has a 5 YEAR WARRANTY.
Am I reading this wrong?

As you have heard, any Deus purchased since 1/1/13 will have the 5 year warranty . . . . and it is on the detector not the owner so just make sure you have the original sales receipt from an authorized XP dealer and you will be covered.

Andy

Hobo lobo said:
How soon on the book?

Now that the release of V3.0 has been announced by the factory . . . . . I get to be the one holding the question "When will it be released" . . . . . will have a release date shortly . . . . the decison on the V3.0 release announcemnt was made this weekend with little advance notice . . . .

Andy

i would like an answer on this also andy. I was told the same thing and then went ahead and purchased mine on may 8. i am not complaining but it kinda stinks for us recent purchasers to lose out on 3 years of extra warranty. also, get that lunk up so i can buy your handbook! :)

Andy Sabisch said:
berryrifter said:
Hi Andy,
Am I reading this wrong?

See the response above . . . . 5 years for any Deus purchased after 1/1/13

Andy

Andy,
I wondered and hoped that the new software would calm down the wrap around on big iron. I dig a lot of big iron. I generally can hear the raspy sound of iron and fully expect it to be iron when I dig it. Have they done anything rein in the Deus enthusiasm for big iron? I have been happy with V2 but it looks like I will soon get a shot at V3. Thanks for fielding some questions.

Don

cometguy said:
Andy,
I wondered and hoped that the new software would calm down the wrap around on big iron. I dig a lot of big iron. I generally can hear the raspy sound of iron and fully expect it to be iron when I dig it. Have they done anything rein in the Deus enthusiasm for big iron? I have been happy with V2 but it looks like I will soon get a shot at V3. Thanks for fielding some questions.

Don

Don

There are a few things that will help on this . . . . . the SILENCER has been tweaked and rusted iron is handled better on V3.0 . . . bottle caps are gone at a setting of "4" now.

As far as the wrap-around on large iron, the addtion of the 5 TONE option allows you to set a 5th window in the 97 - 99 range and drive the audio down to what you have iron set at which can knock out most of what you are seeing in the wrap around region.

There are some other tricks that tend to be site dependent based on the type of ferrous junk you are hitting . . . . we can get into that if you want

Hope this helps

Andy

Andy I know you dont like the xy screen but I love it and have done very good with it. Will this still be available in version 3. This will be the determining factor in if I will download version 3. Thanks

spellman said:
Andy I know you dont like the xy screen but I love it and have done very good with it. Will this still be available in version 3. This will be the determining factor in if I will download version 3. Thanks

It is not that I do not like the XY VISUALIZATION screen it is just that it has limited use in most areas . . . . if you are doing well with it then stick with what works.

Actually some changes were made to that option to make it useful in certain applications . . . . . and while it may suit your style of hunting, the limitations still do not make it the panecea some have made it out to be . . .

Also, if that is the deciding factor in terms of going to V3.0 you have not looked over what the new version offers . . . .

Andy

Big Red said:
Andy with the new 3.0 software, is the battery life the same? Better? Or Worse?

The software really has no noticeable impact on battery life . . . . . you still get more than a day's use out of each of the components and they recharge in under 2 hours even on the car charger.

Actually the interesting thing about the update is that when you install V3.0, it does not delete V2.0 but rather stores it in memory and there is no impact on performance . . . plenty of storage and the V3.0 simply loads in besides the V2.0 file. If you want to revert back to V2.0 the process looks like it did not work since the screens on your computer will not show what you saw when you did the update but the message on the screen confirms it took place . . . . not that I am speaking from personal experience and possibly badgered XP wanting to know what had happened when I tried the V2.0 reload :blush:

Andy

I am very excited for v3 and it looks amazing as far as I see . I am happy the xy xy screen will still be available. I dont use it all the time but when Im jewelry hunting the trashy parks its awesome. I have already paid for my deus in gold, in less than 6 months also I paid for the 13" coil my first day out with the deus. Best machine ever.

Hello andy i see the new 11 inch coil on pg 47 and i see on other sites the price is gonna be 325 euro or $431.us ... Do you know if there will a price change on the newer xp deus with v3 and 5year warranty when released to dealers. .thanks don

Make that 3 of us. I would have definitely waited a few weeks for a few more years warranty. Probably will never need it but still feel shorted at the moment. We'll see what happens I guess. Can't wait to try out the V3!
bigboar said:
i would like an answer on this also andy. I was told the same thing and then went ahead and purchased mine on may 8. i am not complaining but it kinda stinks for us recent purchasers to lose out on 3 years of extra warranty. also, get that lunk up so i can buy your handbook! :)

Andy Sabisch said:
berryrifter said:
Hi Andy,
Am I reading this wrong?

See the response above . . . . 5 years fdor any Deus purchased after 1/1/13

Andy

Never mind... I guess shallow pull tabs and foil won't be discriminated out by the new amplitude rejection thingy. Oh well, I guess I will have to achieve world domination with all the other awesome features of the Deus...

Would you recommend a Reactivity setting for hunting iron laiden sites like 18th & 19th century homesites. As I understand it the higher the setting the faster the processing. Are there any downsides to using higher settings at this type of site. Thanks for you help.