Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3.0 . . . . . Let the Questions Begin :help:

I put in an email and got good news from XP about 5 year warranty!
Now lets get the V3 party started!

"Michael Bernzweig
JUN 11, 2013 | 11:24AM EDT
Hello Ron,

Good news! All units purchased As of January 1, 2013 are covered by the 5 year warranty. As always, the XP warranty follows the device, not the user. So it is 5 years from the date of purchase on the original sales receipt from the dealer.

Best Regards,"

Nice to hear Diggler! Thanks for taking the bull by the horns so to speak! That is awesome of XP for taking care of its customers like that!!!

Diggler said:
I put in an email and got good news from XP about 5 year warranty!
Now lets get the V3 party started!

"Michael Bernzweig
JUN 11, 2013 | 11:24AM EDT
Hello Ron,

Good news! All units purchased As of January 1, 2013 are covered by the 5 year warranty. As always, the XP warranty follows the device, not the user. So it is 5 years from the date of purchase on the original sales receipt from the dealer.

Best Regards,"

Good Stuff.....GOOOOOD STUFF!! Just printed out the new V3.0 manual. Got the next 5 days off....fingers crossed it gets released soooooon.

Hi Andy,

I have 2 questions regarding ground balance setting:
- is fine tuning (values after coma) really useful? I noticed very often that ground reading can change even a few units on 10 square meters.
- how notching of ground effect works? Is it something special or just extra slot for notch range?

Thanks in advance
C_D

C_D said:
Hi Andy,

I have 2 questions regarding ground balance setting:
- is fine tuning (values after coma) really useful? I noticed very often that ground reading can change even a few units on 10 square meters.
- how notching of ground effect works? Is it something special or just extra slot for notch range?

Thanks in advance
C_D

C_D

1) As far as the enhanced ground balance, what you will see is a dot under the larger main GB value . . . each dot indicating a 1/4 step as compared to the 1 full step in V2.0. Where it comes into play is in the TRACKING mode as it can track changes more accurtely and hence offer a tad more detection depth in mineralized ground and offer more stable operation in areas where conditions change in short distances. If you hunt in MANUAL, the benefit may not be as apparent especially if the conditions change rapidly.

2) The GROUND NOTCH feature is intended to address hot rocks so if you do not have any in your hunt area, you will probably not even use the EXPERT option under the GB menu. It is totally different than the notch / 3 notch functions accessible through the MENU which is intended to reject targets rather than hot rocks / mineralization. If you have a hot rock problem, simply jump into that option (GB --> EXPERT) and pass the coil over the rock and adjust the GROUND NOTCH to eliminate the response . . . . . this will be seperate from any discrimination / breakpoint / notch settings you might have dialed in.

Hope this helps

Andy

screwynewy said:
Would you recommend a Reactivity setting for hunting iron laiden sites like 18th & 19th century homesites. As I understand it the higher the setting the faster the processing. Are there any downsides to using higher settings at this type of site. Thanks for you help.

The new REACTIVITY circuitry ehnances what was already a fast detector in trash . . . . "3" on V3.0 was about equal to "5" on the V2.0. While bumping the REACTIVITY to "5" might seem like the best option, remember, you loose depth and the signals are clipped due to the speed at which the unit is resetting itself. The final call is yours and is site-dependent but based on teh testing I did in a number of iron-infested sites, a slightly slower sweep speed, REACTIVITY at "3" and SILENCER at "3" or "4" pulled some exceptional finds from areas that other units we were comnparing signals with before digging them simply nulled out and would not indicate anything present.

Bumping the REACTIVITY up to "4" - in my opinion - did not give enough of a gain to compensate for the change in audio response on the deeper targets . . . . but in extremely high concentrations of ferrous items, it can and will pull targets that other detectors can't see.

Hope this answered the question

Andy

Hi Andy, first off i want to thank you for helping us with the questions.

i want to know how i can update both coil's.
if i update then the V3.0 may not detect the other coil or isn't this an issue?

hamdit said:

i see that this is in the manual, the coil must be in the list to get updated :)

hamdit said:
hamdit said:

i see that this is in the manual, the coil must be in the list to get updated :)

Yes, the way the update process works is the following:

When XP announces you can download the update, you will click on the link provided which will bring down an application file which you will then install on your computer. When you launch the application it will bring up a screeen that walks you through the update.

1) You will be instructed to collect all the components you want to update (coils, control unit and headphones)

2) You will be instructed to turn on the control unit, go to the UPDATE selection under OPTIONS and connect the USB cable between the control unit and the computer

3) The application will see the control unit and connect to XP's server via the Internet and retrieve the V3.0 package (or reactivate V2.0 if that is what you might desire)

4) You will see the progress as it updates the control unit and then the coil or coils as long as the coils are all listed on the COILS screen under OPTIONS

5) You will be prompted to turn on any headphones you want updated ONE AT A TIME - and this is a key piece . . . do NOT turn on more than one at a atime during the update!

If you did not have the other coils listed at the time of the update, simply add it to the list and redo the update process which does not require redownloading the application - simply start with step #1 above.

Hope this helps

Andy

xQuestx said:
Have you noticed if the target id more accurate at greater depth?

Target ID has been enhanced to some degree but really tone will still win out over TID on the very small or very deep targets . . . . . enhanced ground balance / tracking and some other tweaks have helped in this area but XP's position is if it does not have enough data to make a solid TID display, why guess and "wing it" as some other detectors do . . . .

Andy

thanks for helping us out Andy this new version looks exciting!! cant wait.

Steel crowncaps and silencer?

They state the reactivity will not be hampered, but does it need a slower sweep speed OR do we loose out on the multi-tone feature.

With the multi-tone feature I mean, as long as there is iron reported under the coil will it not signal anything else?? So actually giving presedence to the iron report in stead of the non-ferrous report. Hence drowning out the high-tone on the bottlecap.

Great for dry-beach work, which means a lot less bottlecap digging!!

dont all rush and bring down the server ,take it easy gents

scoopjohnb said:

They state the reactivity will not be hampered, but does it need a slower sweep speed OR do we loose out on the multi-tone feature.

With the multi-tone feature I mean, as long as there is iron reported under the coil will it not signal anything else?? So actually giving presedence to the iron report in stead of the non-ferrous report. Hence drowning out the high-tone on the bottlecap.

NOt sure exactly what you are asking but here is some information . . . .

THe SILENCER function has been enhanced so that steel bottlecaps are totally rejected at "4" and are very identifiable at "3". In V2.0, these targets often came through sounding like coins and were hard to distingush as the trash they were.

The new MULTI-TONE option under DISC simply assigns each TID value a different tone so that you can pick out specific sounds as targets you are interested in. For those familar with the Minelab BBS / FBS or White's V3i / VX3, it will work the same way. Some may prefer that option - coin hunters for example - while others will prefer the 2/3/4/5 tone audio options.

Iron targets will not null out the detector keeping good targets from being detected unless a snails pace is used . . . . the Deus is not a Minelab in this respect. If you are in a carpet of iron, bumping the Reactivity up will reduce the shutdown time and allow targets to be pulled from areas that shut down other detectors. There is a loss of detection depth at higher reactivity levels but deeper is not always the answer in sites with tons of ferrous trash.

Let me know if this answers your question

Andy

Andy, Do you have a program you like to use on V3.0? something where the new settings might come in handy?

Andy Sabisch said:
scoopjohnb said:

NOt sure exactly what you are asking but here is some information . . . .

THe SILENCER function has been enhanced so that steel bottlecaps are totally rejected at "4" and are very identifiable at "3". In V2.0, these targets often came through sounding like coins and were hard to distingush as the trash they were.

The new MULTI-TONE option under DISC simply assigns each TID value a different tone so that you can pick out specific sounds as targets you are interested in. For those familar with the Minelab BBS / FBS or White's V3i / VX3, it will work the same way. Some may prefer that option - coin hunters for example - while others will prefer the 2/3/4/5 tone audio options.

Iron targets will not null out the detector keeping good targets from being detected unless a snails pace is used . . . . the Deus is not a Minelab in this respect. If you are in a carpet of iron, bumping the Reactivity up will reduce the shutdown time and allow targets to be pulled from areas that shut down other detectors. There is a loss of detection depth at higher reactivity levels but deeper is not always the answer in sites with tons of ferrous trash.

Let me know if this answers your question

Andy

Sort of answered my question.
Been fiddling around with the V3 and can't get a bottle cap to completely reject, and a coin right next to it report.
Maybe I'm swinging too slowly.

Will persevere this evening!

xQuestx said:
Andy, Do you have a program you like to use on V3.0? something where the new settings might come in handy?

Not sure if you are asking me which of the 10 predefined programs I prefer of if I have created a program or programs for specific applications using the V3.0 capabilities.

I cringe when I see people saying that the best program to use is XXXX as the names are simply ways that XP opted to identofy them . . . they could as easily have been simply PROGRAM 1, 2, 3, etc. In fact when you use the headphone menu, that is how they are displayed. The predefined programs are great starting points and in fact are what many users search in; however, the ability to make subtle changes based on what you are looking for, the ground conditions, trash content, etc. and then save them in the new user slots is what makes the Deus as verstaible as it is.

Andy

scoopjohnb said:
Sort of answered my question.
Been fiddling around with the V3 and can't get a bottle cap to completely reject, and a coin right next to it report.
Maybe I'm swinging too slowly.

Will persevere this evening!

Set it at "3" and listen to the difference between a coin and the cap . . . . . expecting the detector to be 100% certain and reject the cap while accepting the coin is not being realistic. In ground targets are where you need to see how it responds . . . air tests are of limited value and when you try to see how co-located targets respond, air tests seldom paint the true picture.

If I get a scratchy signal that registers where a coin does with the Silencer at "3", I know with a high degree of certainity what I have . . . . I do not need to try to get a total rejection of the cap in order to avoid digging them . . . . see what you get with in-ground targets.

Andy

Those scratchy sounds are important to let you know what kind of ground and targets you are passing over. Use all the clues the Deus can provide to know when to slow down, speed up, or adjust a program. The scratchy signals will make a good coin signal sing in comparison. Dig the first few to prove it to yourself and then just did the good stuff.

Don