Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3.0 . . . . . Let the Questions Begin :help:

Hey Andy did you get to hunt the beach any with the V3 version? Think it could be useful I the dry sand area. Tried mine a few times with v2 but bottle caps were so bad I stopped digging coin signals after a while. Never did find any gold was waiting on v3 to give it another try. Hope to get back to beach first of July will take the Deus along and give it a try should be hot on gold in the higher feq range. Let me know if you have any good wet or dry settings for Myrtle beach area know you have hunted down there in the past.

Jason

Jason in TN said:
Hey Andy did you get to hunt the beach any with the V3 version? Think it could be useful I the dry sand area. Tried mine a few times with v2 but bottle caps were so bad I stopped digging coin signals after a while. Never did find any gold was waiting on v3 to give it another try. Hope to get back to beach first of July will take the Deus along and give it a try should be hot on gold in the higher feq range. Let me know if you have any good wet or dry settings for Myrtle beach area know you have hunted down there in the past.

Jason

Jason

The changes in V3.0 (Silencer) will address the bottle cap issue as well as a few tricks that XP provided . . . . . running with the AUDIO R at "6" will make the fainter signals from small targets easier to pick up. I pulled a few earrings from the beach near the Landmark Hotel when I had the Deus there earlier this year with V3.0.

Hunting into the wet sand there is doable with the flat sections that tend to be more uniform than other ocean beaches in terms of black sand and salt content. I found that with the coil a little off the wet sand, I was able to chase the tide out and back in and do alright. It is not a multi-frequency or pulse detector - nor does it claim to be - but I did pull coins out at the 2 scoop mark and three small pieces of gold . . . an earring, a paper thin dog tag and a girls pinky ring.

I will dig up my settings over the next day or so . . . . have to go through the notebook to see what I used and what changed in V3.0 since that time

Hope this helps

Andy

Sounds good Andy will head down there the first of July hope to be able to give it a go with the Deus. If you could send me the settings you used for wet and dry sand there that would be Awsome.

Jason

Andy Sabisch said:
scoopjohnb said:
Steel crowncaps and silencer?

They state the reactivity will not be hampered, but does it need a slower sweep speed OR do we loose out on the multi-tone feature.

With the multi-tone feature I mean, as long as there is iron reported under the coil will it not signal anything else?? So actually giving presedence to the iron report in stead of the non-ferrous report. Hence drowning out the high-tone on the bottlecap.

Great for dry-beach work, which means a lot less bottlecap digging!!

NOt sure exactly what you are asking but here is some information . . . .

THe SILENCER function has been enhanced so that steel bottlecaps are totally rejected at "4" and are very identifiable at "3". In V2.0, these targets often came through sounding like coins and were hard to distingush as the trash they were.

The new MULTI-TONE option under DISC simply assigns each TID value a different tone so that you can pick out specific sounds as targets you are interested in. For those familar with the Minelab BBS / FBS or White's V3i / VX3, it will work the same way. Some may prefer that option - coin hunters for example - while others will prefer the 2/3/4/5 tone audio options.

Iron targets will not null out the detector keeping good targets from being detected unless a snails pace is used . . . . the Deus is not a Minelab in this respect. If you are in a carpet of iron, bumping the Reactivity up will reduce the shutdown time and allow targets to be pulled from areas that shut down other detectors. There is a loss of detection depth at higher reactivity levels but deeper is not always the answer in sites with tons of ferrous trash.

Let me know if this answers your question

Andy

andy when you say multi tones you mean full tones right?

Andy Sabisch said:
Set it at "3" and listen to the difference between a coin and the cap . . . . . expecting the detector to be 100% certain and reject the cap while accepting the coin is not being realistic. In ground targets are where you need to see how it responds . . . air tests are of limited value and when you try to see how co-located targets respond, air tests seldom paint the true picture.

If I get a scratchy signal that registers where a coin does with the Silencer at "3", I know with a high degree of certainity what I have . . . . I do not need to try to get a total rejection of the cap in order to avoid digging them . . . . see what you get with in-ground targets.

Andy

There are so many variables at play, but Silencer at 4 (Freq = 11.7, Iron Audio = +1, Reactivity at 3, GB to the area -- 74 I believe -- and using Full Tones) still led me to digging up a rusty bottle cap with v3 today. Rang up pretty consistently at 91-92. Now, it was a target I had missed previously in my front yard. It was about 5"-6" deep. Wish I had backed off the Silencer to 3 to see if I would have heard the scratchiness, but I was too excited to dig up a new target that seemed to be an interesting & consistent tone. But did I understand correctly what you've written about Silencer = 4 in that situation, that it should have not given me ANY tone? Or did I misinterpret that?

Thanks!
Rich

AIRFORCEMIKE said:
Andy Sabisch said:
scoopjohnb said:
Steel crowncaps and silencer?

They state the reactivity will not be hampered, but does it need a slower sweep speed OR do we loose out on the multi-tone feature.

With the multi-tone feature I mean, as long as there is iron reported under the coil will it not signal anything else?? So actually giving presedence to the iron report in stead of the non-ferrous report. Hence drowning out the high-tone on the bottlecap.

Great for dry-beach work, which means a lot less bottlecap digging!!

NOt sure exactly what you are asking but here is some information . . . .

THe SILENCER function has been enhanced so that steel bottlecaps are totally rejected at "4" and are very identifiable at "3". In V2.0, these targets often came through sounding like coins and were hard to distingush as the trash they were.

The new MULTI-TONE option under DISC simply assigns each TID value a different tone so that you can pick out specific sounds as targets you are interested in. For those familar with the Minelab BBS / FBS or White's V3i / VX3, it will work the same way. Some may prefer that option - coin hunters for example - while others will prefer the 2/3/4/5 tone audio options.

Iron targets will not null out the detector keeping good targets from being detected unless a snails pace is used . . . . the Deus is not a Minelab in this respect. If you are in a carpet of iron, bumping the Reactivity up will reduce the shutdown time and allow targets to be pulled from areas that shut down other detectors. There is a loss of detection depth at higher reactivity levels but deeper is not always the answer in sites with tons of ferrous trash.

Let me know if this answers your question

Andy

andy when you say multi tones you mean full tones right?

Hmmm . . . . . must have been a Freudian slip as they say . . . . . the term MULTI TONES is from another detector :blush:

Andy

Try saving an identical program with the exception of the frequency in an adjacent slot. Use the 12 kHz as your primary search program and then use the <+> or <-> touchpads to toggle into the checking program. You should see a drop on a coin in terms of TID but the bottle cap should hold where it was.

Use this in areas that have rusted caps - to be honest, not many of the sites I hit have them but those that do, there are easy ways to identofy and ignore them

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
Try saving an identical program with the exception of the frequency in an adjacent slot. Use the 12 kHz as your primary search program and then use the <+> or <-> touchpads to toggle into the checking program. You should see a drop on a coin in terms of TID but the bottle cap should hold where it was.

Use this in areas that have rusted caps - to be honest, not many of the sites I hit have them but those that do, there are easy ways to identofy and ignore them

Andy

Hey Andy --

Was this note in response to my question regarding my experience with the silencer = 4? My rusted bottle cap definitely rang in with the silencer = 4. So am not sure how the above relates to what I expected -- which was no tone at all. Or am I still not understanding by what was meant by "bottle caps are totally rejected at silencer =4"?

Honestly, I'm not trying to be difficult. I feel like I'm just not getting something.

Thanks!
Rich