Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 and /or ML Etrac- - - -?? I don't recall seeing anything conserning the difference between the two regarding the weight:shrug:

Bob (OHIO)

I'm having trouble deciding which to get.I think both are top of the line but the weight would be a problem for me.Also,I have TWO Whites dealers listed in my area but they're never there,at least in their listed hours.ML can be bought over the phone or internet, Whites (V3)can only be bought from a local dealer.WHY IS THAT WHITES?????I've been detecting since 1964,and this is the FIRST time I've had trouble buying a detector.Come on Whites,limber up a little !!!!:veryangry::veryangry::veryangry::usan::usan:

My V with headphones and batteries weights just over 4 lbs. With the headphones on your head it should under 4 easy.

Did you call whites and explain and ask their advice? Also speak to more than one person.What was their reply?

I too do not like the policy of not being able to let the dealers sell to who ever they want too. With the internet this is a bit outdated and costing sells for sure.

Jason

The weight on a scale isnt everything, I think the two mentioned machines weighs out pretty close.

But there is major differences in how the weight is distributed on your wrist and arm, shoulder and back.

Whites makes the balance with the correct weight distribution and grip angles. nuff said..

Download the MANUAL !!! It has YOUR answer for weight.

You can't contact your local dealer??? Can't leave a message? Did you try more than once?

Jerry

Another aspect of how comfortable your detector is to use, is to go with a smaller coil whenever the situation is right for one. Like bfodnes said......balance is the most important thing bar none. Leveraged pressure (in motion) is a big negative!

If you want to drive up my way sometime, I'll let you try both. I don't think there is much weight difference in the Spectra and the E-Trac . The Spectra is better balanced but I have no problem with either one. In case you don't remember, I'm north of I-70 about 30 miles on the Ind/Ohio line.

I've been wanting to get up that way for quit sometime but just haven't got there yet.Seeing how we didn't have a forum hunt this year,that boat has sailed.We'll connect one of these days. Bob

These two dealers have day jobs and evening doings.If you don't hit it just right,you miss them.Also,their answering machines work,when they remember to turn them on.I live far enough from both of them thats its a hassel.Also,both of them said "I don't stock anything that expensive,,,,,,but I can order it.I guess I'm from the old school,I want to see what I'm putting my money on. Bob:veryangry:

Bob (OHIO) said:
I'm having trouble deciding which to get.I think both are top of the line but the weight would be a problem for me.Also,I have TWO Whites dealers listed in my area but they're never there,at least in their listed hours.ML can be bought over the phone or internet, Whites (V3)can only be bought from a local dealer.WHY IS THAT WHITES?????I've been detecting since 1964,and this is the FIRST time I've had trouble buying a detector.Come on Whites,limber up a little !!!!:veryangry::veryangry::veryangry::usan::usan:

Your answer from March 19:
>>Hi Bob,

According to my postal scales:

DFX 300 4 lb 9.8 oz

Vision (10" DD) 4 lb 7 oz

Sorry, but I did not take the time to put a 10" DD on the DFX. Appears to me the weight is basically the same. Both detectors has the rechargeable batteries loaded.

Steve Herschbach<<

I think that the ET has a better balance. Both are a little on the heavy side but I can swing the ET longer. Some of it may be my particular physical condition. I have cervical disc problems, I have a lot of backpain between my shoulderblades, right on, or in, my spine. The ET seems to put less strain on that part of my back but I am getting used to the Spectra, I have adjusted the shaft a bit and the cuff and can use it longer.. also the 4x6 coil makes a difference for me. (I use the 11" PRO coil on the ET and it's still better balanced.. for me at least.)

Still, IMO, the ET has a better balance and I can use it longer... BUT... remember, it will be different for different people. I can also swing the ET longer, without pain, that the T2 which is for sure lighter.. so weight is not the issue and not it's not only the machine that matters but the person. When I was younger... any of them would have done just fine.

I found a small lead shot right in the middle of the trenchline on Brushy Mountain today with it... there should be nothing left there... not at about 4"... yesterday a confederate minnie in a park where nothing should be left... it was at 2 3/4 inches... this place has been hunted to death.... found two chewed minnies earlier this week in the same area with the ET. So both will do the job.

No pain... no gain... laff.

J

Sounds like you have trained your muscles to swing the etrac..... sure the weight may be close but it's how you swing, and how long you have swung a particular machine that builds repetitive muscle memory... T2 is much lighter but you have to swing it faster, and shoulder to shoulder so you would for sure feel that without building up to it..Myself I can swing the t2 for hours and the etrac for about 1 1/2 hours and I hurt from it..

you can reeach down and flip the lever and change the length of the shaft be 1/ 2" or 3" or whatever you want, if you happen to be on a slope or even on level ground. MAking slight changes to the length helps to be able to use it longer.

Also, I do not hunt be tone. I relic hunt mostly so I am usually in ferrous/2 tone and I look at the screen a LOT. I don't have to bend my neck quite as far down to see the screen when using the ET, or maybe it's that handle angle thing...

You could be right but the ET never bothered me. The V3 is bothering me less and less, but I am using the 4x6 coil.

I really like the V3 a LOT!! So I will figure out how to deal with it.

J