Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 does it again

magic

I put an ad out about a ring I found in my town and no one has claimed it yet or has been able to describe it. I had a lady tell me about her engagement ring that she had lost last year in a park close to me. I told her I would try to find it for her. She said she had people looking for it when she lost it and they were strangers so she thinks someone pocketed it. I searched yesterday in the early morning hours and again in the evening in the location she said she was in. Kinda tough because she was all over the park. I told her last night that I wasnt able to locate it but I would continue to search when I could and it may take some time. She told me not to worry about it because she has already accepted the fact that she would never see it again. She said it was a very special ring to her so it may have been in her family or something. I am a soft hearted guy so I went back again tonight. I was there 15 minutes tops and pulled this out of the ground at 1 and a half inches... I think it may be her ring!

DSCF0003-4.jpg

DSCF0004-7.jpg

DSCF0005-8.jpg

Congratulations Doug, that is a beauty.

Wow.............That's a great looking ring. Persistence pays off. That would be cool if it is hers. WTG ! You might get one of these. :cheekkiss:

I hope it is her ring, I'm a softie too. And hopefully if she can describe it correctly.. it'll be a nice ataboy to return it.

Aurium said:
I hope it is her ring, I'm a softie too. And hopefully if she can describe it correctly.. it'll be a nice ataboy to return it.

Yes. There are no words to describe that feeling when you can reunite someone with something they thought was gone forever.

don tyler said:
Nice find, Did the ring sound high or low? Don Tyler

I use custom tones and the majority of womens rings that I have tested on my machine come up at an average of 14 vdi. So I have 14 set along with my nickles range (18 to 22) at a 225 sound so it gets my attention more. It defiantly paid off this time.

I will let everyone know of the outcome of this story.

Just now got word that it is not her ring. I will keep looking.

That is one pretty ring.... Did all frequencies hit straight up and down in the vdi screen? I noticed foil will usually scramble a bit.

If I found all those nice ladies rings, I would be able to get a date.

Magic WTG Man, Mic

burlbark said:
That is one pretty ring.... Did all frequencies hit straight up and down in the vdi screen? I noticed foil will usually scramble a bit.

Yes they were straight and steady

Way to go Doug. Very nice of you to try for the ring for her. If anybody can do it you can.

Nice find on the ring you got, it's a beautty!!

Great story. You were trying to help her and ended up benefiting from your efforts by finding that nice ring. WTG.

Rob Hill

Nice find, Magic, but when I looked at the pix I didn't think it was an engagement ring. Looks like it might be amethyst or maybe even a color-change sapphire. Probably just a nice coctail ring or maybe a birthstone. You're the man with the V3!