Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 finds..

magic

Sorry, Dont have any pics right now but I will get them up. I was reading where some idiot said that we V3 users don't post our finds so I thought I would spring on here and let you know how I have done this past week. First, I look at this site for info and the occasional finds post. Not that we are not finding anything but, more for the info.
Any way, in the past week I have found 4 Indian heads, average depth was about 6 inches, I have found about 20 wheats, depth range from 3 inches to one that was dug with the 5.3 coil at about ten inches. ( if I hadn't have dug it I would find it hard to believe) I have one 1942 merc that was dug at 8 inches with a 8x6 butterfly and a 1883 V nickel with the D2 at 9 inches.

I also have 3 pins and a ring top from long ago. An old token and other misc. items.
Why not so much silver? I am not cherry picking and it will come when I get to it. I am taking my time with this one spot and finding all the good stuff. I am switching coils and going over the same spots again to see if I left something or if another coil works better. I am also having to take a machete and chop my way into some woods that I am hunting. One day of chopping and stacking small trees and one day of detecting. Its a slow process but it will get me what I am looking for.
Thanks for reading and I will try to get some pics this week.

Keep up the good work Magic. The truth is not as many people post their finds like on the MXT forum. Its not a problem its just the way it is. We know the finds are being made or we would be hearing complaints.[attachment 163283 Reading.gif]..........Rob

Yes..my cache of gold bars I just found....I don't want to advertise. The poor federal government might hit me up for a bigger loan than they're already planning to do :) (hee..hee)

We had that discussion last night at our club meeting.............about posting finds. Several examples of robberies were given from some people knowing too much about what they have and where they kept it. A couple of examples of what NOT to do, I read on the E-Trac forum, where people have their finds in display cases and large jewelry boxes in their home. I think that is asking for trouble IMHO, there are quite a few less than honest people out there reading this public information. It is a safe deposit box at the bank for me.....thank you.

Ok, here are some pictures,
Here are some pics of what I have been finding at the old house...

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0030-2.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

This is the house where I am detecting.
DSCF0015-1.jpg

Here are some photos of the property. You can see some of the property is wooded and alot of it is covered with mulch. Its a beautiful place though.

DSCF0021-3.jpg

DSCF0020-3.jpg

DSCF0002-4.jpg

DSCF0001-2.jpg

DSCF0017-2.jpg

Here is some of the mulch areas that I really want to hit but it is thick and I have to work for it here...

DSCF0023-3.jpg

DSCF0025-2.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0005-2.jpg

This is an old building beside the property

DSCF0013-2.jpg

DSCF0012-1.jpg

This is the old entrance when it was a hotel....

DSCF0025-2.jpg

I am doing alot of work trying to get to some better stuff. I know there are barber coins some place here. I hunted today and just came out with a 44 merc.
Thanks for looking...

That looks like a fantastic place to hunt, gotta be some real nice finds hiding in there someplace..........:thumbup:

Nice variety of finds! The place looks awesome. Good luck on your next hunt.

Wow you have some nice coins there, your site Looks to have a lot more potential.

n/t

Well, I was back at it again today. I went over an area that I had hunted before but just went back and forth with no rhyme or reason. This time I gridded it off and used the 9.5 coil. I started my morning with three groundhogs wondering what I was doing. By the time I got my cell phone, all had left except this guy....

2010-05-26-132017.jpg

So after watching him for a bit I set out for the spot I was going to hunt today. I hunted for a good three hours with nothing to show but some clad and a couple of old zippers that says Talon on them. Then as I was making my turn around a tree I got a sweet quarter-fifty cent hit.. It was showing on my V3 it was 9" deep and the green band (2.5) was very dominate. I dug down about 7 inches and got out my pinpointer. I had to cut through 3 sets of roots. I put my pinpointer in and it started to hit on something just a little deeper. I dug a little more and this is what I saw...

2010-05-27-135919.jpg

I was so exited I went and got my cell phone and started taking pictures..
I wasnt sure what it was going to be but I was sure it was silver...no mistaking that!
I reached in gently and took it out. With just the edge of my thumb I wiped to dirt real gentile to see what I had.

2010-05-27-140008.jpg

2010-05-27-140115.jpg

Another Halve!! 1944, and in great shape. I hunted a bit longer and the storms moved through so I called it a day. I ended up with two wheats, 1920 and 1950 and what I think is a rail car bag seal. I also got an old button and an old pin type thing. The owner of the property came to me with a request today also....He wanted me to help him find his keys. I ask him where he had been and I took off looking. I found them by the woods but I saw them and didn't need my detector. I gave them to him and he said, "that thing will find anything wont it"
I just smiled!

DSCF0004-3.jpg

DSCF0005-3.jpg

Sorry for the bad last two pics...Sometimes my camera does good and other times it doesn't...

n/t

Great finds majic!! Looks like a great site that could keep one busy for quite some time :thumbup:

Back again for a short hunt today. Found a Polk company token which is something I like to find. It was a canning company in the 1800s here in Greenwood. I also found what I thought was a gold ring but its just plated I think.. Says WS company inside the ring. The oldest coin to date from this place..a 1882 Indian that's not all that good of shape. A 1926D wheat and some clad...

DSCF0002-5.jpg