Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 on the Today show

Larry (IL)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/#34413895

That shows how good the V3 is, because the guy never got closer than 4" ot 5" from the sand on his sweeps. Rob

" We've all seen the idiots on the beach looking for pennies "
Nice comment for those who are trying out for the first time I find that disrespectfull of all detectorist
Sorry for the post but it made me mad!!!

I don't think the piece was at all serious. They think it is a silly hobby and showed it that way. I suppose if I made several million a year, a few hundred dollars from a hobby wouldn't mean much to me either. And Rob is right about their technique. They didn't even try to overlap their swings or keep their coils level.

There are other shows to watch in the morning, should I feel the need.

We have to lighten up. We have a great hobby and we enjoy it and that's what's important. If we aren't having fun we should find a new hobby. I'll be having a good time this winter detecting. If I hear the, "are you finding any pennies", I'll just smile or in some cases pretend I can't here them because of my headphones. Nobody spoils my hunting fun. Rob

Well think of it Like this, The average person dosent Hunt cozze it takes peasants N thear has to be a passion to Hunt,
So if everybody did the Hobbie thear would be to many people N more RULES And more permits to do it,
So let im have thear fun??? Thay dont Know what we Know???? HOORA!!!!!!!!! Mickfin

You are right Mick, some people just don't understand. Most folks though are very interested in what we do. When hunting yards, I always, (almost), stop and talk to them, answering the questions and show them some finds. Often, they are neighbors and most of them invite us over to hunt their yard too. Sometimes we have to ask while other times, they just say come over and do our yard.

Hi Tinfoil, Im wearing a mans Diamond Ring $300 Bones N i show it to theam N i sent off 40.6 Grams of Gold to
Midwest N got $740 Bones N sent a Key Fob to Willcox AZ and got $200 Bones 4R X-Mas and i tell im that HOOA!!!!!!!
And thay all say wear can i get one and i think to myself Detectors dont find shit in the Closet HA HA LOL, Mickfin

Yes Larry i agree with you N it is funnnn to, Mickfin

The guy who is saying this is MIKE MC MECAN announced by the reporter he is not an average joe just walking around
If you look closely he looks like he owns a metal detecting place holding all those rings This is one of us and if he sells machines , that was not a good comment
Dig those pennies people they can be alot more than a cent

Sorry #$%#$^%#$^ Mic

Ha ha, I loved it! I thought it was a great, lighthearted way of looking at our hobby. I will be the first to admit that I know I look like a geek walking around on the beach, sporting my headphones, swinging my detector, :detecting: while everyone else is playing in the surf or building sandcastles. Who can honestly say they haven't felt a bit nerdy at times? Come on, fess up! Last week it all paid off, though, when I found this ring. Feast your eyes on this beauty...

RibbonRing002.jpg

A once in a lifetime find...mine all mine!!!

Happy holidays all,

Nugget

I thought the show was friggin' great! That is almost exactly what its like when Nugget and I go to the beach. We drive 200 miles one way, pay $80 bucks a night for a hotel, and hunt all day for bottle caps and pull tabs. We ssssuuccckkk and make sure to hunt only when the beach is sanded in, for extra challenge. Even better is that now that our machines work better, we dig a foot to get to our junk!!

So yeah, I loved the tone in Merediths voice when she was like "Bottlecap" Yeah, lady, make that bottlecap #9,487 and you will say it the exact.same.way. Funny stuff!

And how about "people actually litter" Yes, actually, they do. And based on my pulltab collection, they've been doing it for decades from VDI 13 all the way thru VDI 55, bless their souls.

The thing is that if we do find something better than Nuggest special purple bow ring (see above) the implanted defibrillator that Nugget is going to need after the coronary will be a career ender!

Metal detecting may be all science and booty to some folks, more power to them! Besides, where else do science and booty live side by side? ;)

For me, metal detecting started off being about finding gold and diamonds, but now it is all about getting a new perspective on stuff I would usually walk right by. Primarily because I dug, pinpointed, screwdriverd, dug some more, and then performed reconstructive surgery on dirt nobody cares about it to get it. A nickel is no longer a nickel, its an accomplishment! A win! A HA!!! NOT A PULLTAB!!!! I get it, Today Show Guy! When I ask Santa for a coin tumbler to clean up my 400 zlincolns and feel it was a good investment, I know I'm on to something.

I found my first gold ring the other day, and you know what? Looking over our "treasure pile" last night (pic coming soon) I realize I get more pleasure out of the junk jewelry I found with two cats that looked just like mine and the broken lazer pointer that I plan on turning into an Advil holder.

So here's to wrastling in the sand, faking a find, and sweeping a foot of the ground soas to leave some treasure for the other guys! And oh yeah, here's also to finding a big fat gold mans class ring with a pretty plastic stone and no identifying marks so I can keep keep it and not feel bad! heh heh.

Tater.

What a great attitude Tater...........:clapping:........That is what detecting should be all about, get out and enjoy the fresh air, have some fun and make new friends. Great post.

well this Hobie save my live six year ago my son was stab to die over 16 time had to make my self do it but when you hear that hum-mm you forget all of the thing that are going around you if they make fun of it so be it if something go wrong in there live go to Dr get some med and walk around in a daze it is not the find it having fun.