Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 = Versatility

Hey guys dont post as much due to a 2 year old running around the house. But I posted a reply on another post about why the V3 is a winner for me, thought I would start a new topic. As I am curious to hear if others feel the same.

When it comes to the V3 I feel that it is the versatility that really makes it a winner.I feel that if you were to only use the V3 with its out of the box settings and not tweak it or create your own programs, then it may feel overpriced. Its when you start really learning the machine, tweaking it and creating your own programs that you really get your moneys worth.

Its the versatility of this machine that seals the deal for me. Here in California the Minelabs are the kings of the parks for silver and the T2/F75/MXT machines are the best for relic hunting. The minelabs with their low freq do great with the silver in "hunted out" parks, while with the F75/T2 and its lightning fast processing really shines when relic hunting in iron.

With the V3 you can create programs that emulate both of those detectors, which is what I have done. Create a program that only runs on the 2.5 khz and give it a longer recovery delay and you can setup your machine similar to a minelab. Create a program that only runs on the 22khz freq, speed up the recovery delay and create a custom tone scheme for only two tones and you have a nice relic program where you dig everything but iron, which is how I ran my F75.

Or even better pick and choose things you like from different machines and as Mike Hillis posted recently create your own Dream Machine. It may not be deeper than a minelab or faster then an F75 but it does give you way more options then either one of those machines do and with Whites top notch support.

Great post Steve. Whether you hunt relics, deep silver or gold, the V3 can be customized to fit the needs of just about every user. Sorry water hunters, no waterproof V3.......... (yet).

hi all !!! heres one for you chaps in the states, i understand that XP detectors are not available to you chaps so if you fancy a go with a GMP or DEUS then this program emulates them pretty well .....

gold maxx power emulator for v3 !!! firstly create a new proggy (copy Hi power prog) name it gold maxx... remove all discrimination so she is effectivly in all metal, switch off threshold, set to tone ID and put tone id in custom mode. set tone id custom mode as follows, -95 to -1 set at low tone such as 160 0 to +45 set to say 183 then finally set +46 to +93 to 195 the +94 & +95 to the lower tone. set filter to 10 khz high recovery to 20, discrim to 80-85 all metal to 65 and sensitivity to a workable level oh and nearly forgot set to 22.5khz single frequency .... VOILA uno gold max power or DEUS as it will still show VDI info etc... The low tone will only sound on iron targets the mid tone will sound on small items such as hammered coins and the high tone will sound out on coppers etc (this way you get to hear everything in the ground and can listen for those pops and blips that sometimes hide a good target !!) !!! you may wish to try it in all three frequencies aswell !!!

this shows the v3 versitality...

all the best rob

cloudbuster said:
hi all !!! heres one for you chaps in the states, i understand that XP detectors are not available to you chaps so if you fancy a go with a GMP or DEUS then this program emulates them pretty well .....

gold maxx power emulator for v3 !!! firstly create a new proggy (copy Hi power prog) name it gold maxx... remove all discrimination so she is effectivly in all metal, switch off threshold,

Instead of turning Threshold OFF, do consider turning the threshold down to ZERO instead.

DO a simple air test before and after the changes and see why for yourself, you wont be disappointed.