Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 & Weight

Smudge

I'm curious to find out how users of the V3 feel about its weight. I would imagine using a smaller coil helps, but do you find the weight of the machine well balanced?

How long can you use it before your arms becomes overly tired?

I am really intrigued by this detector but I have to admit I'm little concerned, hearing about quite a few people saying that after a couple of hours they have to stop using it.

Has that been your experience?

Honestly I used to use and explorer and that got to the point where 30 minutes into the hunt my shoulder was killing me and I was just enduring the rest of the time.

So compared to that there is no comparison the V3 is way better and my last 3 hunts I have used it 2 1/2 hours each with no issues.

What I find makes a big difference with any machine is how often am I stopping to dig a target which gives my shoulder a rest.

If I hunted for hours without digging then yes it would bother me.

Not sure of the weights of the different coils but I think the 950 is less than the 10" stock but maybe some of the guys know the answer to the ounce.

Less weight on the end of the stick makes a big difference for sure.

I have used other small box White's machines in the past and it is the same if equipped with the same coil.

It is not going to be like a tesoro or fisher but that would be comparing apples to oranges too

Yes it is well balanced. No it is not a light machine. I am not a weak person but I hunt with it full 8 hour hunts with no problem using the D2 coil. Larry uses a 10x12 SEF which is even heavier. I can't do that with my other brand detector. The grip angle is wrong and so is the balance. You can't just go by weight.

It is not a 2lb machine so try one before you get one and see how it works for you.[attachment 222570 Untitled-1.jpg]

I will, but I wanted to hear from people who have actually used it in the field.

I have hunted 10 and 12 hour days many, MANY times and I have the SunRay DX-1 mounted on the rod as well as the 12X10 SEF coil. A very well balanced detector. I can also hunt all day with the SE Pro but I feel the effects at the end of the day too. Balance, technique and conditioning are more important then just weight IMHO with conditioning being the most important of the three. If you want to reduce the weight, using a handheld pinpointer and a smaller coil will go a long way.

I think on any detector ergonomics is way more important than weight. Well built, well designed, well balanced go along with me. Keep in mind, you always have the swing harness option, as well.