Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Advanced Posts "Book" - New - Version 2 - 65 pages

earthmansurfer

Hello all,

Here is the newest version with the last one was 35 pages in length and had been downloaded over 1000 times!. There are 4 new "chapters" and an Appendix. If you missed the first "book", this is not a book. This is a collection of posts and information that I collected for myself and I just decided to share it as I found it so informative. It is not completely well rounded and more on the advanced side. Also included are more graphics in this rendition.

First, it is being made available (by request and suggestion) via googledocs. So, it is a direct link with no ads or countdown wait as before had with megaupload. The first link is in .docx format (latest Word format) and for those of you who had problems with that, the second link is just your standard .doc.

The way I arranged it, to save you all some paper, is that I just continued where I left off. So, really you just have to print from Chapter 8 on. I didn't really insert anything new. I made a couple of corrections and labeled them with "edit" (page 3 and 29 I think) , so if you do a search for "edit" you'll find out the few things I edited. (Mostly user, or should I say Mod ;-) suggested).

Here is the table of contents:

Chapter 1 Tips
Sensitivity Tips page 1
Filter Tips page 2
Iron Tips page 2
Spectragraph Tips page 3
Various Tips page 3
Chapter 2 Spectragraph Related page 5
Chapter 3 Rx Gain & Discrimination Sensitivity page 11
Chapter 4 Detecting in Iron page 14
Chapter 5 Probe Related page 18
Chapter 6 Correlate Related page 28
Chapter 7 Air Tests page 35
Chapter 8 Analysis w/ Jeff Foster & more page 36
Chapter 9 Recovery Delay & Sweep Speed page 42
Chapter 10 Filter Related page 53
Chapter 11 Ground Balance page 57
Appendix
Expert Menu Flowchart page 59
Pose by Tom Dankowski on V3i page 63

I tested the following links and they work; HOWEVER, you must wait around 20 seconds for the doc to load into googledocs (dsl connection) and then click download in the upper right corner. Sorry, it was this or seeing adds AND waiting on megaupload.

Latest Word Format - .docx
.doc format

Enjoy and feel free to let me know of any problems and or errors,
EMS

thanks EMS for all your time and effort. im sure this will help alot of us. even if the info was already known by a few itll definitely be a handy reference guide. i myself know that i cant remember from 1 day to the next and need to check back to refresh my ole mind. thanks again and hh:thumbup:

Thanks EMS for putting all this valuable information together. Let me know if you ever come to Spain, I'll pay the beers :beers:

Very well done and your efforts will save a lot of people much time trying to look up tips and tricks..........:clapping: Thanks EMS

You stepping up and doing something like this is truly appreciated, and thanks for your generosity and ongoing work!

Thanks for the kind words guys and of course thanks for many of you contributing with your posts, whether or not they are in the "book".

Do not shy from making suggestions, sending me links with others posts, etc. as the "book" was mostly created for me initially and so as I said isn't completely well rounded.

Thanks again,
EMS

Thanks for all the hard work.

TC-NM

Thanks for putting all these post and all together for all to read .Will for sure help a good many people. H.H. Yazoo

Thanks for all your work, the ground up here in Canada is starting to get a little stiff & daylight is almost all gone by the time I get home from work, so this will give me some extra time to go through this book.

Terry, it is a word document. I don't understand your question?

EMS

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work that went into this. I took the 65 page document to Office Max today and had them bind it with a coil binder and vinyl front and back cover. I must admit it looks quite snazzy and will last a long time .Thanks again. Sonny

This is a brilliant piece of work that must have taken a considerable amount of time and effort to assemble. Earthmansurfer has allowed the forum members to profit by his labours at no advantage to himself !! He must be a true gentleman with a generous nature, a rare thing in this materialistic age and anyone who downloads this file should show their appreciation by thanking him from the bottom of their hearts!!