Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i and freshly buried quarter at 10" - Video

Bill_S

I said in one of my posts I would try to see if I could hit a coin at 10 inches with the V3i. Let me tell you after you dig a 10" hole you realize how deep it actually is....Lol

Anyway here is a short video I done today. As you know I could have spent a lot of time tweaking it but I didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1io8qeRKyxQ

All should keep in mind a fresh buried coin is one of the hardest to hit too.. Do you mostly use the 5HB filter Bill ???

When you hit that boost the volume sure went up ......... I would have dug several hits you made just based on the depth that was flashing between 8 and 11"

Not bad....... Thanks for the video.

I have a problem with the tones though.. I can't stand the noise so I set all my tones to a single tone and 0 discrimination.... So 0 tone from -6 to -95 and 150 for -5 to +94 and 0 for +95.
But thats the beauty of the V3i, you can set it to your own personal preferences..... A truly remarkable machine

I usually use the 5 band filter. If you notice on the video I was using a lot of discrimination too. I may have been able to get a better signal if I had it wide open.

Like to see more line these.

You should be ground balancing every time you change programs or change a gain setting. This is important.

On the recovery setting if you increase the RD you need to slow down the sweep speed. Otherwise with the quick short swings you were doing you are getting multiple hits on the same target and the VDI will be affected. Slow the short swings down and see if it helps.

Try the mixed mode and see what the results are.

Thanks for the advice. I have a long way to go learning it.

You should be ground balancing every time you change programs or change a gain setting. This is important.

What if the detector is on auto ground balance?

On the recovery setting if you increase the RD you need to slow down the sweep speed. Otherwise with the quick short swings you were doing you are getting multiple hits on the same target and the VDI will be affected. Slow the short swings down and see if it helps.

That makes sense now that you mentioned it. Never thought about it.

Try the mixed mode and see what the results are.

I will try some different settings next time I get out.

Keep up the videos. They help a lot.

Even in auto trac always G/B. As gains and sensitivity are changed the detector is seeing the ground differently. It is auto tracking, not auto G/B. You set the G/B and then the V will attempt to change the G/B as the ground changes.

It is auto tracking, not auto G/B. You set the G/B and then the V will attempt to change the G/B as the ground changes.

I guess I have more to learn than I thought.....;o) I assumed when you had it on autotrack it would go ahead and set the GB when you started swinging.

Ok, going to read your links above to get a better understanding of how it works.

Nice video keep them coming , i am having a hard time with my V3i.I bought it new in March. Been sitting in the corner and if i can't figure it out , i am trading it in. I need help with this thing and video's help. TY

If your fast Whites says in the first 20 sec of turning on, and you start detecting. it will fast track and Gb if not to much trash in the area..

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1878390

Read this.

In Bill's case this would have no effect because he was changing from one program to another. None of the changes were made in the first 20 seconds after power up. .

I noticed the need for rebalancing but forgot to mention it in my post above, I will say still being able see that quarter at 10 and NOT having the machine optimized by a new GB each time is still pretty dang impressive.

Good video Bill. This is why I say while the E-Trac is deeper right out of the box the V3i has the potential to go deeper. I personally don't think the E-Trac could hit a freshly buried quarter at 10".

I'd like to see the video with the suggestions Incorporated. Go for it Bill.

I have to go out of town this week but should be able to get back out there this weekend. I will try the mixed mode and try to ground balance between each change and a slower sweep speed wih the higher recovery delays. Do you think I should keep autotrack turned off.

No, not if Auto Trac is working for you Bill. If drift is a problem, there are solutions for that too.

[size=large]Ya'll need to subscribe to Dirtdigger on you tube. that's where bill shows testing of all kinds of machines. better'n that English fella did a couple years ago. I been using this web site and some you tube vids as guides on the V3i. like Groundscanner i am having problems with my machine. sometime i hit pin-point and it's like the darn thing grounds out. no sound no signagraph. as usual my thoughts go to is it me the machine or bad coil?
can't say i been able to test it enough to figure it out yet. whites @ sweethome is 3.5 hrs. away. that's a long rad trip for me. I'd get a tour and a tune-up for my machine though. maybe some pointers. gotta test the machine to justify the trip.
would be cool to have Rob & Larry to critique some of those vids the way they're doing here. very helpful advice from both and Bill.

HH .[/size]

I get in enough trouble without critiquing You Tube videos. I will check out his videos.

Good video and sound track-- Bill S. Just out of curiosity what camera system are you using?