Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

v3i and SEF 12x15 get me some old saphires, topaz and Ice?

burlbark

I have been finding fewer and fewer targets in my regular hunting grounds. Its gotten to the point where non ferrous targets are few and far between. Running a conservative gain of 5-6 and a disc of 85 and single frequency 7.5 all my grounds are producing dramatically once again. After I finish hunting them with the 7.5 I will switch over to the 22.5 to clean out the last remaining treasures.

I am recovering nickles in the 10" range and larger quarter sized lead at 12"+. The ability to unmask targets with the sef 12x15 is like using a coil of half its size. You just have to go very slow and the payoff is deep targets that every one else has left behind. I am using a swing thingy and it sure makes it easy to swing the big coil all day long. Its kind of embarrassing detecting out in public having to use a relic shovel and digging 2ft down(old can tops) to find your targets.:shrug:

The ring fails my 10k acid test very slowly and has blue sapphires and yellow topaz on the edges, one sapphire is missing and one topaz is gone. The center stone is gorgeously cut and has very few flaws and looks like it could be a karat and a half. I will have to have the stone tested in the next couple of days. It really looks like it could be a diamond, I can see a small fracture line in it. This is a really old ring with no hall marking and cracked where it was sized.

The v3i told me that there was high conductor in the hole and a low conductor. I got an 82 and then a 35. There was trash and iron all around it. I wasnt using three frequency in my pinpoint just single 7.5. I dug down and at around 4" I found a newer house key. I scanned the hole again and around 5 1/2" down was this gem of a find. This area is also completely littered will old roof tin and can slaw, I try to dig it all but sometimes I get frustrated and cherry pick like I did today.

I been finding the usual clad and old shotgun shells along with a little costume jewelery. I also got a neat railroad button. I found much more clad than whats pictured but I am on satellite internet and have exceeded my download and dont want my service slower by adding more pictures.

I must add, yesterday my hunting buddy was out running 3 frequency and scored a gorgeous jade and ruby 14k large womans ring. He said when all 3 frequencies line up you better dig it. Nice find Vince, I should have took a pic

I took the ring to jeweler friend of mine. It is Georgian gold 8kt and the stone is an old cut and almost flawless. I have nothing more to say.....:stretcher:

Awesome,Many congrats

LabradorBob

MikeO said:
Very nice rind indeed. :thumbup:
Did they estimate a value?

I lost it in a boating accident????:cool:

It is perfectly clear and has no carbon spots but one small inclusion. It came in at a karat, almost exactly, and had excellent proportions and fell into the "perfect" cut category. It would be graded vs1 to a sl1 because of the one inclusion. It would cost $8000-13000 to replace.

However, the ground was not the kindest to it and you can see some microscopic fractures on the edges of some of the facets, and one on the table. I had 2 estimates at the $3000 dollar range and this is what I should be willing to take.

But how can a person replace something that has been lost for possibly over 2 century's and recovered by your own hand? The history and intrinsic value makes it worth much more to me and will be very difficult to part with. I sold a ring a while back that I found, it was from the same time period or older and I regret selling. These old gold rings just dont get made anymore and there is something so romantic about them. Dont get me wrong I love to find the new gold, but the old gold is just so cool.

I have another appraisal for over the weekend. Depending on offers I may have it completely restored, replace missing stones, table polished, and fix break in band. I have 2 people in contention for it.

On another note, I picked up an elderly woman walking down the road yesterday becuase she seemed distraught. She was missing a doctor appointment and had no ride to town, she had missed her cab. I gave her a ride and she gave me permission to detect some new ground in one of the oldest parts in the area. We shall see this weekend.....

]I lost it in a boating accident????[/quote said:
HeHe! I was on my Ipad and those are so easy to make an error on. I prefer the Laptop but, it needed charged.
The history and intrinsic value makes it worth much more to me and will be very difficult to part with.
I agree whole heartily. Some things regardless of price are not worth selling.
]"I have another appraisal for over the weekend."[/quote said:
Post it once you get it.