Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i backlit display

GoVidGo

I had about 1/2 hour before dark and decided to take my V3i out to a local little league park to detect around the areas where people sit and watch the games. It's usually a clad-fest, which is fun when you only have a limited time.

This was the first time I really had the V3i out not in the middle off the day or in sunlight.

I will admit that it is absolutely amazing! I attached a few pics. One is of it when it was just starting to get dark, and the backlit helped out, and another picture of it at night. I was impressed! The HD screen was sooo nice but even the buttons are made of not backlit, but of a kind of glow-in-the-dark, which also helped!

Anyone as impressed as me about this? I know there are backlit screens out there, and I have them on my other detectors, but, this was impressive!

n/t

:clapping:

I actually can prefer a night hunt as it's just you,the detector,and the target with heightened senses. For a night hunt you obviously need additional light beside that great screen and I have four different sources with different uses.

Six LED brimmed baseball hat for vision as you turn your head.
An LED light velcroed on the back of the screen pod for illuminating the coil and ground being searched.
The light on your pinpointer of choice.
An intense LED handheld to quickly throw a "charge" to the luminescent control buttons. (The flat pad style that has a huge number of LEDs' and easily fits in the palm of your hand is best for me....plus it really is bright to scan a retreaval spread of dirt on your towel.

Imagine I look like a medivac helicopter landing out there but hey....a night hunt is almost "Zen" and I sleep like a baby afterwards.