Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Features

Altamaha

What is the most annoying feature to you on the V3i and how would you like to see it changed? Mine is without a doubt the ground balance system. I wish they had used the same system (or similar) as on the DFX! As a matter of fact the ground balance is the only thing that I really don't like on the V.

What is it that you do not like about the ground balance system? I'm not familiar with the DFX.

Hi Rob,

I just find balancing the V tedious and can be somewhat time consuming (at least for me), pumping the coil and monitoring the threshold. The DFX and earlier whites detectors like the Eagle and Spectrum have more of an automatic or should I say semi-automatic ground balance system (very easy and quick). Raise the loop to waist level and press enter - when the machine beeps, air balance is done. Lower the loop to the ground and press enter - when the machine beeps, ground balance is done. That's it.

Altamaha

I'm sure there was a reason for new system......... Maybe better accuracy on GB ???

[size=medium][/size]I agree with Altamaha. I find it time consuming and the most frustrating is that I have to GB frequently. It seems to drift out of balance even when I have autoloc on. My XLT is so easy to balance and it stays in balance. Hope its not the detector. It is only a couple months old.

I too, don't like the wavering GB of the V3i, and yes, it gets ultra tedious to GB manually if there's any question of trash at all. The Auto Track feature is flimsy, yet I use it for a GB for a few minutes when swinging, then go to Lock until I move to a drastic soil change. GBing the V has to be babied IMO, and "you never really know" where it is 10 minutes later. martin

. It is what it is that's the way the ground balance works on this detector. I myself don't have any trouble with the ground balance. If auto track doesn't work then you have to lock.

I would change the 22.5kHz frequency to somewhere in the 15kHz range. It would be a Coin shooters dream!

If you guys have to GB often, you should NOT have Loctrac on, let the Autotrac do it's job and a

I may be showing my ignorance here but I wish my V3i had better modulation. I haven't been able to make it work at all. No matter what setting, I can't seem to get the sound to modulate. Deep targets either bleep feebly or they beep loud. No rhyme or reason to it.

My modulation works great. I love the ground balance because i always thought the dfx just balanced to quickly to be super dead on. The v u can hear as it adjusts. In some ground condition it does take 15 to 20 pumps but when u get it tjere u know by the threshold its dead on. I would have made the v waterproof and changed 22 to 60 for tiny gold.

There is no way the V3i is waterproof. It will do find in a drizzle but that is all. Open the battery door which has no seal and look inside, you can see the electronics.

Hi guys! First of all I should let you know I am new here. So a big hello to everyone! :unsure: Just wanted to say I totally agree with the comments regarding the GB and modulation on the V3i. I am getting ready to trade mine for a Deus as I am getting frustrated. The only thing I would like to know is what could be the negatives? I need to hear form the guys that currently own both or have had both. Anyone? :confused:

Welcome to the forums but comparisons are not allowed on this forum.

I don't know if Altamaha understood the GB on v3i, Larry tried to explain already abqhunter also needs I think so too to understand it that there is a Locktrack ON and autotrack ON option on the detector so I believe is where they have their detector drifting all the time out of balance as they might think in the field of course if they have it on autotrack ON. If you have the autotrack ON it 's doing GB automatically and you don't need to ground balancing ever unless you want to lock it off by Locktrack ON and ground balance only by your self when you change a site or when you see the ground changes their you hunt.

It would have been nice to have a automatic dimming feature built into the V3i update with a screen time out option. So when you press a button the screen would light up and then go blank again when it was not needed to save a bit on battery. The technology is very old and cost effective so would have been a nice addition IMO.

Lock trac works great for me. Never have used auto trac on my v or mxt. Just lock and ground balance every 15 min. or so. The V is a great machine but waterproof would be awesome!

Mine to be honest works like a charm. What ever i ve got for GB, manual or auto track works great. If i am in a trashy area i use auto track and works just fine and in a field with low mineralization i use manual GB and i get the right results. In my site last time i found copper nuggets in a real depth some the were mixed with iron and i had the right sound out of them. I even had 2 bottle cap reject. After all guys you need to GB your machine for a little at least since you are doing this work.

Like i posted earlier I find the cleanest spot i can and SLOW pump and have no problems.:detecting: