Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i finds first Mercury

Explorer

Hunting a lot that had been hunted many times before and day earlier had produced the war nickel; the V3i with a 5.3 coil was able to find its first Mercury dime. The coin was near a piece of iron pipe which I was getting a chatty good signal from one end. The lot is laced with old rusty iron pieces and pin pointing would lock in on the pipe. I knew the big target was trash from the size/length but decided to dig it to get it out of the way. I had read the article about good targets being masked by small iron targets by Thomas J. Dankowski a little different case but had me thinking about all the iron fragments here. Once the pipe was out of the way I was getting a solid 79-80 VDI two to three inches from were the end of pipe had been. Boy it felt great to pop out a Mercury dime and no I didn

[attachment 269797 Super.jpg]

Rob (IL) said:
[attachment 269797 Super.jpg]

Yes we do !!! Share some more please.

Howdy Explorer--

That's a good strategy when hunting "hard hit" sites, to remove trash. It sure did work for you. Good job. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Nice job on your finds. I have done the same thing at some local parks that i get to hunt regularly.

n/t