Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Finds What Other Detectors Missed!

Quite a few years ago I hit a local park with another brands top of the line detector. It was a former farm field, but I never found a thing other than modern coinage. I returned again with the DFX a few years later and found DEEP modern coinage, but still nothing old. I had given up on this site, figuring that I was just too late to the party.

With the cooler weather, I decided to get out for a quick hunt with the V3i a few weeks back. Within a few minutes I found a few deeply buried small buttons. I was quite surprised to find anything old. That day I dug about a dozen old buttons and two watch winders. All were deep. This was definitely a site worth returning to.

My next outing I got a signal a few feet from where I ended on the previous visit. This one was shallow with a 27 VDI. Out of the ground came a "Fatty" Indian Head dated 1862. Then came more buttons.

Since then I have returned to find a bunch of Wheaties, buttons, watch winders, a toasted large copper coin and today, my best Buffalo Nickel ever, dated 1914.

Unfortunately much of the site is impenetrable due to the vegetation, but I have a feeling there is much more to be found in the Fall!

Very impressive Neil.

I'd be sure to get back in the fall. :cheers:

nice!.... what program were you using? I've been thinking about venturing out of C&J.

Hey Neil, thats alot of nice LOOT!
That looks like a real old flat button on the top of the first pic, could be pre 1830's???
I just found my oldest Buffalo last week (1913), only it was in the water w my Excal over a foot deep in a heavily hunted area.

Aaron said:
Hey Neil, thats alot of nice LOOT!
That looks like a real old flat button on the top of the first pic, could be pre 1830's???
I just found my oldest Buffalo last week (1913), only it was in the water w my Excal over a foot deep in a heavily hunted area.

I am not sure which flat button you are referring to, but the eagle button on the bottom right of that photo is 1820's to 1830's, so any of those buttons could be older than 1830.

Hey Neil: Jack from penna. been trying to touch base with you.I am very close to your base of operations.Just across the bridge from you.I've sent in my V3i for repairs(evaluaton sic).When it returns I hope to get busy again,disappointed it puked after a year of very limited use,but am hopeful Whites will tease out the prob.and hopefully be back in operation.I dont know how to PM on here.Saw your website but never got a response.Lost my M/D ing buddy and looking to hook up with other guys.I can contribute to the historic sites in this area,so not looking for a free ride.Drop a line here and who knows we could connect.......Jack from penna

Nice finds, know what you mean about the vegetation, with all the rain this summer unless you mount your detector to a weed eater you have to hunt lawns and parks to see dirt. My Brother and I went out this week to hit a new spot and the weeds were so high I thought I was in the forest. :laugh:

i like the low tones myself, if you dont mind digging junk theres lots of cool stuff to find even if your back filling others holes at you go. [ the pointer thingy says pull tab......lol ]

Some people might laugh at me but who cares. Some times I take my gas weed-eater with me to clear the area if need be. What ever works. Are you laughing at me yet!!!

I don't think anyone is laughing........... you do what works.....:clapping:

Will this help?
[attachment 205209 2011-07-23_150725.jpg]
Hmm, it didn't help the rabbit.