Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i - First Impressions

mike5853

So my V3i arrived today and these are my first impressions. I've owned an MXT, for 6 years now, and so I’m familiar with Whites detectors, feel, build quality, etc. After assembling the unit, which was a breeze, I picked up the V3i and found it to be well balanced, very solid feeling, and, it seemed to fit my hand like a glove. I was somewhat not sure about this unit after owning a DFX for short time and dealing with it’s comprehensive but, what I thought was an over kill menu system. V3i menu - excellent! Just enough adjustments to impact hunting conditions, and a breeze to navigate. Then, off to my test garden. My first target was a dime at 7”. I was surprised at how easily the V3i hit this target, I mean solid hit! After a few other coins in the 7” - 8” range which it the V3i had no problem hitting, I was a believer! The analyze mode was amazing in helping me ID a nickel vs. tab. Looking forward to getting this out in the field and posting some videos. V3i looks to be an excellent compliment to my trusty MXT.

Awesome Mike! Can't wait to see what you get with the V3i. Good luck :)

I also went from the MXT to the V3i and never turned back, I still have my MXT and have only used it a few times since I bought my V3i in May of 2010, I bought my MXT in 2005.

Hi Mike,

Hang in their with the v3i and you will never look back once you get a grip of it. Its not all that hard to get it running as smooth as a top once you learn the fundamentals. The capabilities of the v3i is endless. Its the best detector i have ever used over 37 years of detecting.

Regards below2doe.

below2doe said:
Hi Mike,

Hang in their with the v3i and you will never look back once you get a grip of it. Its not all that hard to get it running as smooth as a top once you learn the fundamentals. The capabilities of the v3i is endless. Its the best detector i have ever used over 37 years of detecting.

Regards below2doe.

I had it out for about an hour yesterday afternoon and I think it's a great detector. I really like the "on the fly" adjustments. I found two dimes that were in with tabs. This V3i should have a huge following.

Mike, you've got a great start because of your attitude, open mind and a test plot. I've had mine for three years and it's unique in its flexibility to be adapted to the hunt site and your personal preferences. The first thing I remember when I first got it was how great it was to change font size so I could see the detail on the screen. That may not seem like something important but it begins to show that Whites made this detector user friendly in many ways. Take some time and read through Rob's links for answeres and tips. I'm sorry he's retiring from moderating this forum. He's posted clear easy to digest information about the operation of the Spectra series.
Keep working the settings over your test plot and you will have some fun while learning what works best to your liking in that soil. The V is a killer on micro jewelry, studs and thin chains.
The biggest change for me when I got mine was learning to hunt slower and watch my swing speed. Keep posting your impressions and experiences.
Good luck & HH
Bruce

Ytcoinshooter said:
Mike, you've got a great start because of your attitude, open mind and a test plot. I've had mine for three years and it's unique in its flexibility to be adapted to the hunt site and your personal preferences. The first thing I remember when I first got it was how great it was to change font size so I could see the detail on the screen. That may not seem like something important but it begins to show that Whites made this detector user friendly in many ways. Take some time and read through Rob's links for answeres and tips. I'm sorry he's retiring from moderating this forum. He's posted clear easy to digest information about the operation of the Spectra series.
Keep working the settings over your test plot and you will have some fun while learning what works best to your liking in that soil. The V is a killer on micro jewelry, studs and thin chains.
The biggest change for me when I got mine was learning to hunt slower and watch my swing speed. Keep posting your impressions and experiences.
Good luck & HH
Bruce

Hi Bruce - Ahh yes the fonts - I never expected that but when I saw it I thought, you gotta be kidding, how did Whites know I needed that! I can see a good deal of thought went into this detector, and the results are 5 Stars! I'm in NJ and the ground was a bit frozen in a few areas I hunt but I went out and gave it a go. Very smooth, articulate, deep, and pinpointing is a breeze. I hope to get out this Friday and Saturday. Thanks