Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i or AT Pro

Timothy

Hello, I have two XLT. I consider to trade one of two XLT for Spectra V3i or Garrett AT Pro. Which one should I get? thank you

100% V3i all day.:twodetecting::whites::thumbup:

If you have the money get the V3i not the AT pro the V3i when you learn to use it and understand it can do way more then just about any machine out there. The At pro is a good machine but good is no enough when hunting for history

Two different worlds. Not trying to take anything away from the AT Pro but ya.....V3i will have you happy for a long time.

The control box on a V3i is water resistant but is not waterproof. The AT Pro does have some waterproofing and can be submerged in shallow water.

If you are looking for a combination land and submersible shallow water detector, the AT Pro may be your machine. If water hunting and the cost difference are not issues, the V3i is by far the better choice.

The AT Pro appears to be a very good detector. The V3i is the most feature rich detector ever made by any manufacturer. It is not a fair comparison.

Metal Detectors. Their also separated by about $1000.00 dollars in price..

Having owned both..I would say get the v3i if you can afford it..and maybe a used dedicated water machine for water finds.

Timothy your looking at two completely different detectors........ not apples to apples at all. Do some research on both..

The last two guys are dead on. If you see yourself wanting to do a lot of underwater first...an underwater unit. Selling two XLT's will put you there. I've never even seen the AT Pro, respect opinions of some solid users of it, and really appreciate it's niche. If you want to go top dog/ non- water as a priority....... the V has shook down to be the best machine because of it's power and full blown versatility.

I am a multi-line owner and a Moderator on the Garrett forums also, so I'm about as non-partial as they come, but I will have to get in line with the rest that the two machines are worlds apart and not comparable. The only advantage I can think of for the AT is that most of them are waterproof......... many were not as you may have read.

You have lost me on vibrate mode?

v3i all the way I own one now had a atpro and sold it didnt like it, bad ergonomics, small screen,arm too short.
hope it helps
John

Evidently the originator of this thread has 2 XLT detectors that have a

I have a 2005 XLT and have never saw vibrate mode on it.:twodetecting::whites::thumbup:

There is no comparison. Hmm, what answer would you expect on this forum? :devil: I would like to know about the vibrate feature, could you post an answer? Rob

Rob, the vibrate was an add on and turned into and ad for the product, the post was deleted.