Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i possible problems

dirtmaster

Hello all hope all is well. I recently traded my MXT Pro for a used Spectra V3i and am still learning. However, I noticed I may have a problem. First I was hunting today and noticed I was having a lot of falsing. I lowered my sensitivity and made sure I did a proper ground balance but to no avail. I did a master reset and the falsing got better but I noticed during air testing a dime was ringing up on 75 and I am sure it is supposed to be around 78. I am using a 6x10 DD coil and had the machine set for that coil. Also it seems the depth isnt that good on the air test. A quarter was only hitting solid about 7 inches on air test. Do you think this warrants a trip to Whites for a diagnostics or is this normal? Thanks

I suspect a bad coil, I would try another coil to see if things improve.

Clarence, setting the V3i for a particular coil has no performance effect. This just makes the depth reading more accurate.

If you actually did a Master Reset it would wipe out all your programs and set the V to factory specs. Is this what you did?

We need to know your settings. for instance, the V gives different readings depending on if you are running best data verus running correlate.

Let us know what happens for the quarter test with another coil. We can go from there.

Read this about falsing
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,2122323

Read this on EMI
http://www.findmall.com/posting.php?66,moderation,2122316

My V3i, running best Data, ID-z a clad dime at 75 and a silver dime at 78. It's always done that on both of them I have owned. I just retested mine minutes ago.

I think that if you are getting 7 inches airtests on dimes...that's about all you can count on for a 6x10. Its the narrow dimension, the 6" which basically dictates the max air results. Seven inches ain't bad. I don't think there are any issues IMO, besides the noisy one.

He was getting 7" on a quarter not a dime Martin.

"A quarter was only hitting solid about 7 inches on air test."

I used to own another brand, I wont say which one because I am loyal to Whites now but it would air test a dime at 10 inches solid. However in the field iron always fooled it and I got tired of digging 9 and 10 inches for rusty nails. My Whites has yet to fool me like that. They might not have the depth as that model but you can sure bet if Whites hit solid you better dig. I am sending my detector into Whites ust to have it checked out for my own personal comfort. I trust Whites. I bought this V3i used and I am a new user of the V3i. I am used to the M6 and MXT Pro so this is a different ballgame and I want to make sure its functioning right. It is worth the cost.

Thanks Rob

I had a very similar problem with my VX3, which I bought used. Sent it to White's. Turned out to be the 950 coil. They checked and calibrated the unit and sent it back with a brand new coil. Works great, and they did not charge me a single dime. I hope the same for you.

950 coils go bad on either detector.

The MXT is an awesome detector hannibal the V3i is a whole different ballgame. I think I will do great once I get familiar with it. I sent it off to Whites to be checked out. That way I know its 100 percent. Thanks for all the input.

I owned an MXT for years and it is a very good detector. A V3I can be run just like an MXT just leave it in C/J or relic and never change anything but gain and disc. The V3i just will allow you more options to finer tune the detector. Simpler isn't better and neither is single frequency. There is also no correlation between an MXT, V3i, and detector problems.

Exactly what Rob said ,you can't make MXT run like a V but you can make V to run as MXT
BTW in Special Library Programs Chart- there is MXT program already set up for you.

:cheers: