Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3I very faint tones at times?//

Gregginohio

noticed that sometimes i can hear very faint tones when sweeping,,maybe a very deep target...or a problem with the detector ,,using the spectra wireless headphones...eclipse 950 coil..coin mode..and somtimes in pro mode..think ive dug more trash in scrap metal than clad..using polar plot alot cause i forget the tones for different coins..found 22 widgets in a yard 1 inch square copper plates with a copper hook attached to the center,,all showed copper penny,,guy said it was early 1900,s electrical connectors,,cleaned out the yard of them..did find one penny,,gregg in hardin county ohio

it's modulation probably on a low setting, higher setting its going to be better distinguishing deeper targets.

Yes see if modulation is checked. If it is deep signals will be fainter.

I have dug hundreds of these which the old timers say are roofing tacks. Always show up as a coin from penny to quarter depending upon depth and soil. All are made of copper.

Yep, asbestos-cement and slate shingle anchors, most of us have found them around older houses. They are usually shallow and hit harder than a penny, I can usually tell when I'm over one.

Yep I have found a butt load of those rascals from one yard, they sound righteous and sure get your hopes up!

I just add them to the copper scrap bucket. Worth a little more than a penny a piece at Number 2 copper prices.:) I would rather dig these than pull tabs.

yep mine are square...and were all around the house ....thanks for the id..figured they were slate tile roofing holders..gregg