Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

v3i vs mxt pro

quicksilver

My current arsenal is, v3i, xlt, coin master classic ll and a.t. pro. V3i is my favorite by far and I am confident I can find anything with it. So here is my question. For a pure coin shooter, how does the mxt pro compare to the v3i. The reason I ask, is cause overthis past season iI had many friends tell me that for coin hunting, the mxt is actually better, with most agreeing that the v3i is definifely the better all around machine. So I would just like some honest unbiased opinions on the two machines in with would be the better pure coin shooter. Thanks and good luck.

My last Whites was a MXT which I liked. Any answer you get will be just an opinion. I am curious why the MXT would be a better coin machine. I would ask the question on the Whites forum. Monte prefers the MXT Pro so you should get a book explaining his reasons.

How deep is the mxt compared to the v3i? I've been told its just as deep.

How deep is the V3i? It depends........ you can set the V3i/MXT up to where the MXT is much deeper and you can set them up where the V3i is much deeper. If you know the V3i, it should consistently be a little deeper than a MXT but the depth would not be my primary reason to use the V3i.

The V3i Can be customized to copy other Machines and takes a long time to lean the cause and effect of changing settings and By changing one thing can have an Adverse effect on one of the other settings, Where As the MXT has A Better Ground Tracking System And The Prospecting Mode is More Advanced As The GMT was Based Upon the MXTs Ground Tracking System,
The MXT and the v3i are the same in terms of depth, Where the MXT is switch On and Go and Has A Pot to adjust the Disc, The v3i has the advantage to block edit Items that you don't want to hear.
Both Machines Are Great, The MXT is more universal, And the v3i can be fine Tuned, all other things are Equal,

sweeper60 said:
The MXT is more universal, And the v3i can be fine Tuned, all other things are Equal,

Not even close........:drinking: The MXT is fine machine indeed but the V series has three frequencies, Boost power, variable filters, frequency shift, soil type select, adjustable recovery speed and hundreds of other features the MXT does not have. How can they be equal? I would also think the V3i would be more universal because of it's adjustability.

sweeper60 said:
The V3i Can be customized to copy other Machines and takes a long time to lean the cause and effect of changing settings and By changing one thing can have an Adverse effect on one of the other settings, Where As the MXT has A Better Ground Tracking System And The Prospecting Mode is More Advanced As The GMT was Based Upon the MXTs Ground Tracking System,
The MXT and the v3i are the same in terms of depth, Where the MXT is switch On and Go and Has A Pot to adjust the Disc, The v3i has the advantage to block edit Items that you don't want to hear.
Both Machines Are Great, The MXT is more universal, And the v3i can be fine Tuned, all other things are Equal,

From what I have learned from an MXT friend, and what I have read about the V3i...the audio response over targets during swings makes the V3i slow in audio recovery. Can it be somewhat fixed with reducing the recovery delay in the V3i? Yes, but not effectively.

The MXT class is a coin finder. The V3i lags, and lags is the operative word.

Larry (IL) said:
sweeper60 said:
The MXT is more universal, And the v3i can be fine Tuned, all other things are Equal,

Not even close........:drinking: The MXT is fine machine indeed but the V series has three frequencies, Boost power, variable filters, frequency shift, soil type select, adjustable recovery speed and hundreds of other features the MXT does not have. How can they be equal? I would also think the V3i would be more universal because of it's adjustability.

Yep it has all the stuff and yet the MXT is Just as Deep and Better for Prospecting, lol

5900_XL-1 said:
sweeper60 said:

From what I have learned from an MXT friend, and what I have read about the V3i...the audio response over targets during swings makes the V3i slow in audio recovery. Can it be somewhat fixed with reducing the recovery delay in the V3i? Yes, but not effectively.

The MXT class is a coin finder. The V3i lags, and lags is the operative word.

Well Put Sir,,,, There must be A 20 -1 Sales Ratio for the MXT, I wonder what that tells us,

It's half the cost?

I owned an E series MXT which I always used in relic mode. I had I for many years and I liked it, a lot. The MXT series is an older detector and a cheaper priced detector. Because of that I wouldn't doubt more have been sold than the V3i.

Now I don't mean this in a bad way but if you really like the MXT better it would be easy to sell the V3i and buy a used or new one of the MXT models and maybe bank some money.

I have always said use what you like and works best for you. The point is to have fun. I know guys who post they find more with their M6, if so why would you keep the V3i? I am not being negative wih this statement. I wish Dave who designed the MXT was still with Whites.

Rob (IL) said:
I owned an E series MXT which I always used in relic mode. I had I for many years and I liked it, a lot. The MXT series is an older detector and a cheaper priced detector. Because of that I wouldn't doubt more have been sold than the V3i.

Now I don't mean this in a bad way but if you really like the MXT better it would be easy to sell the V3i and buy a used or new one of the MXT models and maybe bank some money.

I have always said use what you like and works best for you. The point is to have fun. I know guys who post they find more with their M6, if so why would you keep the V3i? I am not being negative wih this statement. I wish Dave who designed the MXT was still with Whites.

Well the MXT has been around for about 17 years so From the day they started the Project And at 3 and a half years in the Making Its no wonder they are so good, So I would expect it to have Sold More considering the V3i Has been around for 4 and A half years, They Are Both Excellent Machines and being Whites they will be the Best they Can Be.

I think your opinion would garner more support in the MXT forum sweeper.... you are kind of preaching to the choir over here in the V forum.......:rofl: We know better.

Larry (IL) said:
I think your opinion would garner more support in the MXT forum sweeper.... you are kind of preaching to the choir over here in the V forum.......:rofl: We know better.

I Don't Think So,, And I am not bothered about Support, I Run My Own Race, The OP Asked A Simple Question and I gave Him An Answer without Blinding him with Science, You seem to have an Issue with That, Like I said Both Machines are the Best they Can Be, One is Switch On And Go and the Other Is Programmable and Updatable.

It is now gotten nonproductive. The forum is intended for help with the V detectors. Comparisons would be better in the main Whies forum.